• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What would you purchase as your next vehicle if the Avalanche did not exist?

amd1900mp

Silent Avalanche RIP
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
If you were to trade in or sale your Avalanche and it did not exist..

What would you purchase as your next vehicle?

Although I have had buttloads of trouble with every single GMC truck I owned I would buy a GMC Sierra.  Like the front ends better than the Silveradoes.

This is a easy one, a Yukon Denali XL but I'm never getting rid of the AV.

I may even get the Denali anyway with the AV.

AVnFun said:
OH and maybe come buy your AV..

:laugh:

That made me laugh out loud.. Good one.  (y)

I think I would have to get either a Yukon Denali or Hummer H1 Full size.

Redwings said:
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

I like them too but I think they are way too much money so I would probably end up with a crew cab pickup of some kind. What I really want is for the OEMs to come out with a heavy duty 1/2 ton diesel. When I retire, hopefully within the next 5 years, I will purchase and/or build a play-toy of some kind - 55-57 Chevy, Cobra, 32 Ford, etc. My problem is that there are too many cars I like and not enough funds to purchase them!

MyBigToy said:
I like them too but I think they are way too much money so I would probably end up with a crew cab pickup of some kind. What I really want is for the OEMs to come out with a heavy duty 1/2 ton diesel. When I retire, hopefully within the next 5 years, I will purchase and/or build a play-toy of some kind - 55-57 Chevy, Cobra, 32 Ford, etc. My problem is that there are too many cars I like and not enough funds to purchase them!
Definitely overpriced, but when you own the market on four wheel drive convertibles that will go almost anywhere it is hard to blame them for marking up the price tag a bit.  I just wish they still had the 4.0 L I-6, that engine was bullet proof.

I'd buy a Hummer H2 Or the H2 SUT I think they are awesome. talk about a heavy vehicle 6,614lbs curb weight  (y)

Next truck will probably be an F-250... in part due to the absense of an Avalanche 2500. Oh ya, and I saw the pics of the 2011 F-250 on the Ford website..... can we say SWEET???

Depeding on how long the latest AVY had come out I would prolly but a used one that was as close to new as I could get! I hate to say it though but more then likely it would be an F250 Harley edition. Only because I am going to be getting a toy hauler sometime in the next 2 years after I graduate from college again and would like the extra power for towing! Plus I am not overly concerned with driving a larger truck everyday as I would only really drive it in the winter since I have the Vette and Harley to drive/ride when it nice!

I have to agree with some of the others, Ford would be my choice, and I really like the Raptor, and given that it will have a crew cab next year as well as the 6.2 Hurricane engine, they're saying something like 420HP/torque ratings, pretty good for a truck like that. And for just over $40 grand, its alot less than I've spent on my AV.

-James.

WOW! Thought I was going to get  :beating: for saying F-250 here, but instead it's like ..."Umm.. cough...F cough 250 cough" from a bunch of people around here. Now ain't that a slap in the face to  :B: for not giving us what we want/need. Oh well. See you all at the Super Duty/Toys GTG  :laugh:

Back