• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Utah International Auto Expo GTG! Saturday, January 16th, 2010

UtahAV

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2004
SM 2003
thumbnail_07_10_logo_RGB_nodate.gif

South Towne Expo Center
9575 South State Street 
Sandy, UT 84070
Date: Saturday, Jan. 16th, 2010

Meet At: Costco
11100 S. Auto Mall Drive
Sandy UT 84070

Time: 10:00 AM
Admission: $7.00 - Adults, Kids (7-12) - $4.00, Age 6 and under - Free

Come and see the new 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche at the 2010 Utah International Auto Expo!!
(Rumor has it that there will be a few other cars there as well.)
The Utah International Auto Expo is a showcase of new vehicles from all of the major manufactures. If you have never attended the Auto Expo before you are in for a great time. Almost every vehicle is on display for you to sitting in and check out all of the cool features. Many of teh manufactures will display new models and concept vehicles. It wasn't all that many years ago that I sat at the Auto Expo starring at an Avalanche Concept trying to figure out how in the world I was going to afford one...​

After the Auto Expo we can all cross State Street and have a burger at Crown Burger. It is located direct west of the South Towne Expo Center.​

See Ya All There!

Attending:​
UtahAV​
Trafficman​
Avalanche0_2 - maybe​
badtuffstuff​
Muggles​
abbotlex​

What day is it.  Oh there it is in the Topic header!!!!  Thanks,  I'll be there,  Not sure about the wife and kids though.

Trafficman said:
What day is it.  Oh there it is in the Topic header!!!!  Thanks,  I'll be there,  Not sure about the wife and kids though.

Opps, I fix that...

You are added!!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Z66Modder said:
Looks like fun!  (y)

Thanks for taking a look at our activities! We always have a good time!

Avalanche0_2 said:
Maybe I started my new position on Monday so I dont know if I will have that day off or not

Hope you can come Chad! What is your new position? Promotion I hope?

-UtahAV
-Mark

Just thought I would share with you all cause I like doing that......

Last time I was at an Auto show Rupert from Survivor was there and I waas back stage with him and we did a Man Hug.  It was really cool.  Also the Plumber from Desperate Houswives, Jeremy? Denton was there and we go an Autograughed photo of him.  I also have some photos somewhere with them I will post tonight.  They had the most coolest a--ed bikes I have ever seen.  It was put on by Autorama.... :cool:

That is cool Kent!!  (y)

Man hugs with Rupert huh? Did you get any tie dye on you?  :laugh:

My South Towne Expo Center celebrity moments have been during the Home & Garden shows. I have been collecting the autographs of the "This Old House" guys. So far I have Tommy, Kevin and Richard! Now I just need them to bring out Norm and Roger...

-UtahAV
-Mark

Hi All,
Just to let you know, Subway and McDonalds have $2 off tickets.
I grabbed some extra. I think I have 3 extra.
See you all then!!!!!!!

I'm in for this one.  I haven't been to the Auto :B: Show in a long time.  :drive:  Where are we meeting up at?  Inside, outside?  ???  Are we going to try to all park together or cruise to the show at all?  I know that might be a little difficult if there is a big crowd when it opens.  We might have to park out in B.F.E. in order to all be together.   ???

Free tickets from Brent Brown Chevy in Provo.

http://twitter.com/brentbrownchevy/status/7676394371

"Will we see you at the Salt Lake Auto Show? http://bit.ly/7UgDNE Stop in & see Kris to get free tickets! Tell him you saw it on Twitter!"

Too bad I'm on the opposite side of SLC.  :E:

Muggles said:
I'm in for this one.  I haven't been to the Auto :B: Show in a long time.  :drive:  Where are we meeting up at?  Inside, outside?  ???  Are we going to try to all park together or cruise to the show at all?  I know that might be a little difficult if there is a big crowd when it opens.  We might have to park out in B.F.E. in order to all be together.   ???

You are added Michael! Glad you are coming! You bring up a good point. I thought about that too. To the group, Do we want to just meet in the parking lot? Kind of a park where you can or should we meet elsewhere and cruise in? I would prefer to cruise in. It would sure be cool to do with the crowds watching. Might be a parking headache though... If we want to cruise, where from? Somewhere north on State St and cruise south? Somewhere in South Jordan and Cruise up 106th South past South Towne Mall and then north on State?

Lets hear a few ideas!!  (y)

konigstigerii said:
I'll be out of town Saturday.... I may go Sunday though, like I usually do, it just depends on when I get back home.

Sorry the dates didn't line up konigstigerii.  :(  I hope we will see you at another GTG soon though!

abbotlex said:
Free tickets from Brent Brown Chevy in Provo.

http://twitter.com/brentbrownchevy/status/7676394371

"Will we see you at the Salt Lake Auto Show? http://bit.ly/7UgDNE Stop in & see Kris to get free tickets! Tell him you saw it on Twitter!"

Too bad I'm on the opposite side of SLC.   :E:

Thanks for the heads up abbotlex! Are you planning to join us for this GTG? It would be great to finally meet! Hope you can come!

-UtahAV
-Mark

here ya go!

We stage Saturday in front of the old Lowes bldg on 9000South across the frontage road from club 90!  then we use the frontage road to 94th up 94th east of state street entrance to the expo center then parade by the front of the expo center and drive around to the back of the parking lot.

Attachments

• Sat_gtg_mAPb (Small).JPG
    Sat_gtg_mAPb (Small).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 49
Trafficman said:
here ya go!

We stage Saturday in front of the old Lowes bldg on 9000South across the frontage road from club 90!  then we use the frontage road to 94th up 94th east of state street entrance to the expo center then parade by the front of the expo center and drive around to the back of the parking lot.

Sounds like a plan to me!  I vote for that!

That will work. I mentioned the other routes only because  they would give us a little more "viability" to passers by. Ex-Lowe's is fine.

badtuffstuff said:
Stage at ten then?

Yes, lets still plan to meet at 10:00AM

Thanks!

-UtahAV
-Mark

UtahAV said:
I mentioned the other routes only because  they would give us a little more "viability" to passers by.

The only problem i have with a cruise into the area is Traffic signals and Salt Lake Valley drivers.  If you think we can pull off a 4 - 5 Avalanche cruise through the Auto Mall and then north up state street  Then I'm all 4 it.

We can Meet at Costco Parking lot at 10:00 AM and then Drive north on Auto Mall Drive across 10600 South Cruise around the west side of the Auto mall doing a complete circle then exiting out the South side of the mall onto 10600South at the signal.  Then go east to State then go North to the EXPO center taking a right onto 9400 South and turning south into the parking lot and still doing a front door drive by before we park the avy's See the photo....

Edit:  There is a Drive through car wash at 9000 South and 1300 West on the South east corner.  They do a great job.  I will be there at 9:30 It is callled Platinum Car Wash & Detail. 9035 S 1300 W, West Jordan, UT, 84088

Attachments

• Costco_AutoMalla (Small).JPG
    Costco_AutoMalla (Small).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Costco_AutoMallnortha (Small).JPG
    Costco_AutoMallnortha (Small).JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Carwash to Expo Center (Small).jpg
    Carwash to Expo Center (Small).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 36
Two MORE ideas:  Stage at the WalMart at 9400 South and 1000 East and drive straight down 94th South.  -OR-  Meet at the Best Buy at 114th South and State St. and drive straight north from there.  Lights could be an issue either way.  The 94th South cruise would require a left turn into the Expo Center's parking lot.  We're going to need a poll post just to figure this out.  :rolleyes:  I'm all for keeping it simple myself. 

I'm chiming in because:  I'm coming along!  (y)

Any of these ideas work for me.  Just tell me where to show up at 10.

First...

abbotlex said:
I'm chiming in because:  I'm coming along!   (y)

Any of these ideas work for me.  Just tell me where to show up at 10.

Glad you are coming abbotlex!

Second, Sorry. I really didn't mean to complicate this. I am fine with any of the above mentioned routes. Since I messed things up in the first place I am going to sit back and let you guys and gals decide. Again, I really had no intention of causing confusion.  :-[

I am going to list the suggested routes with a letter next to them. Please simply post with the letter of your choice. If there is a tie I will vote to break it.

A - Meet at Ex-Lowe's

B - Meet at Costco and cruise through the Auto Mall

C - Meet at the Platinum Car Wash at 9:30 and start our cruise from there.

D - Walmart at 9400 S. 1000 E.

E - Best Buy at 114th S. State

Thanks Folks!  I promise I will keep my mouth shut next time!  (y)

-UtahAV
-Mark

"B" works.  With the exception of cruising the South Towne Center Mall parking lot as depicted on the map.  With pedestrians and all the stop signs, we'd never be able to stay together.

Back