• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CAFCNA Alberta meet

Boar-Ral

Charter Member
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
A quick note that there is a change of plans.  I did not realize that the Edmonton Motor Show is on the same weekend as I planned this.  So if anyone is interested, rather than going to the Reynold's Museum on January 30, we'll be going to the Edmonton Motor Show.  If anyone is interested, please respond here so we can coordinate meeting somewhere in advance, rather than try to find each other at the event itself.

Hope to see you there!

Brad03 said:
sorry dude but i work that day.  and that's like a 2 1/2 hour drive for me.
I understand.  I had to pick a day, and that is what worked for me.  Longer drives might be less an issue in the summer.  Years ago, the local CAFCNA chapters would meet in Red Deer and go on day-long trips to the mountains, have lunch, and come back.  Maybe something like that again in the summer!

Either way, Reynolds Museum is still on for those interested. :)

Just a quick bump.  Venue has changed from Reynold's Museum to the Edmonton Motor Show.  Same day.  I forgot they were having it early this year!

oh i work too :(
but hey i had five avalanche owners in red deer wave at me today :D i thinks it cause of the amber DRL's  i have and i am hoping they are members on here :D

cnorgren said:
oh i work too :(
but hey i had five avalanche owners in red deer wave at me today :D i thinks it cause of the amber DRL's  i have and i am hoping they are members on here :D
There used to be a half dozen of us years ago that got together once per week for vehicle-related things and food.  There are certainly lots of us around here.  Hope to see you around!

I lost my mechanic buddy to Airdrie a little while back... now I got no-one to help me on my mods!

Got a sweet set of SS brake lines from Mudd that I got for Christmas still to install, a dual-batt setup from hellroaring that needs installing (custom battery tray iders req'd), then I've also got the Cognito pitman support for my POS front end that wont hold an alignment.

AND my garage is full of the wife, and inlaws crap!  When it gets a bit warmer we should do a MOD GTG, I'm sure my list by then will be even larger then it is now.

I think in the wintertime everyone in Alberta hides out, stokes the fire, eats whale blubber and just tries to keep warm.  Summer 2010 should be a blast!

Thank goodness we're seeing some interest now.

What sort of things would people be interested in doing?  It looks like a mod comparison might be in the works.  As many know, I am Avalanche-less at the moment, but still love getting together with others here - at heart we all seem to love vehicles in general.

I am also interested in cruises, though not driving an Avalanche I tend to hang in the back, hehe.  Finally getting nice enough that we can plan some things like that.  Always fun to go for a drive (Red Deer is a great departure place to head to the mountains for a long roadtrip), have a lunch, then turn around and come home.

Wash and waxes are good too, though might need a couple more months before it is warm enough for that - and those are fun to bring whatever you drive, so long as there are more Avalanches than anything else. ;)

Never been to Red Deer ever, driven by on way to Calgary and the like, really nice gas stations!  :laugh:

Me and the wife are hoping to be doing way more camping this spring/summer so I'm down for trips to the mountains, a nice cruise, my folks did the cattle drive to Montana a while back, said it was a blast!  Let's drop some ideas, dates, and see who can make what, where, and when.

i'm pretty limited to long weekends in summer time, i'm hoping to be home for a month come next week but sounds like it will be more like 2 weeks and that two weeks is pretty much gunna be filled with installing. as for ideas, i would be down with anything from a parking lot get together to a weekend of camping somewhere. maybe go to drumheller for a day or something

Back