• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanches that could survive a zombie apocalypse...let's see them!

Roody650iAvy

I'm taking a class (english course) in which we're exploring the possibility of an apocalypse.  And my favorite part of the apocalypse are the vehicles that we would drive so that we could survive.

I got this idea from a thread on a Jeep forum for the record.  So...

Let's see pictures of Avalanches that look like they could survive a zombie apocalypse!   (y)

(I'd post pictures of my truck if it looked like it could demolish some zombies, but a stock height/armor-less Avy isn't anything special...hopefully this summer will bring changes to that  >:D)

Just for an example, I found this truck on the 4 Wheel & Off Road site...I think that bumper could run some zombies down  :B:

131_0310_ult_01_z.jpg

In the early cafcna days there was a picture posted of an awesome custom brush guard. I have tried to search for it for the last hour because it is exactly what you would want. If my memory serves me, the brush guard was made of black tubular steel, and extended up over at least half of the hood and extended down the sides to just before the front tires. It was hinged in front so it could be tilted forward so the hood could be opened. It was truly an awesome piece of work that many of us drooled over. I am hoping some of our longtime members might have a picture of it archived on their computer.

good luck with your project.

carnut said:
In the early cafcna days there was a picture posted of an awesome custom brush guard. I have tried to search for it for the last hour because it is exactly what you would want. If my memory serves me, the brush guard was made of black tubular steel, and extended up over at least half of the hood and extended down the sides to just before the front tires. It was hinged in front so it could be tilted forward so the hood could be opened. It was truly an awesome piece of work that many of us drooled over.
Not my pics of course, but:
Something similar?

cheaptricktruck---01_opta.jpg

Also:
129_0803_11_z+2002_chevy_avalanche_2500+front_bumper.jpg

The Avalanche at stock height with few mods is already to go. Fancy hard to find parts for repairs and replacement wont do. Who wants to shop with your old neighbor trying to chew on your leg? Also most of your best mods probably didn't come from a store in your area.

Back to the Av, it offers a safe place to sleep with room for storage. Just keep the midgate down. The weight should keep all but the largest groups from tipping you over. 4 wheel drive should allow you to pass over your old buddies. :kidding: Swap your 5.3 for a bio diesel and your all set. (y)

hightower said:
Not my pics of course, but:
Something similar?

cheaptricktruck---01_opta.jpg

somewhat, but beefier with more grill protection and with a  push bar. It looked like it could take on a collision with a rhino and come out on top.

it was designed for an av with cladding.

Mine should do well.
Dual bead lock rims w/Swampers (2 Spair tire) hydraulic race jack. On board air.
3 Battery super charger, rear locker (Blown Trany at this point) :rolleyes:
Recovery equipment Winch, straps Ropes, Hatchet,2 tactical sabers,Pruning sheers. Bow saw.
Would then also be running with 1000 rounds of ammo in 44,40,22mag
Rugger supper red hawk 44, Sig pro 40, FeatherWeight paratrooper assault rifle 22mag
Also a compound bow. And knives Lots of knives.

Attachments

• h-12.jpg
    h-12.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,778
  • 3-BATTERY.jpg
    3-BATTERY.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,781
SRFNSNO said:
Mine should do well.
Dual bead lock rims w/Swampers (2 Spair tire) hydraulic race jack. On board air.
3 Battery super charger, rear locker (Blown Trany at this point) :rolleyes:
Recovery equipment Winch, straps Ropes, Hatchet,2 tactical sabers,Pruning sheers. Bow saw.
Would then also be running with 1000 rounds of ammo in 44,40,22mag
Rugger supper red hawk 44, Sig pro 40, FeatherWeight paratrooper assault rifle 22mag
Also a compound bow. And knives Lots of knives.

You really should make room for one more battery :beating:

Roody650iAvy said:
DZ, sweet truck  (y)  That's more or less the exact look I'm going for.

thanks. she needs more tire and some other do-dads.

You just need a plow like the Escalade in Zombieland  :love:

Roody650iAvy said:
What company makes that brush-guard?

the company was called tal & hadas. don't think they make them anymore . they weren't cheap.got about $1000 into it between the guard,skid guard(smaller one on the bottom) and the line-x job. took it off because the mounts were too low for off-roading. i bent one goin' through a gully. had it up for sale but no takers so ,lookin at shortening the tubes and mounting it by the towhooks.

Spork_Driver said:
You looking for something like this?  And yes this is my truck.

Photo20.jpg

:wave: Frankie

I was going to wait until I got home to post so I could take one with the chainsaw sitting on the bumper. Now THAT would make it ready for a zombie attack. Can't have a zombie apocalypse truck without a chainsaw  >:D

You gotta love it when an Avalanche looks like an Avalanche.

How about this one.  He can at least take out some of the zombies.

Attachments

• civilian_gun_trucks_3.jpg
    civilian_gun_trucks_3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,577
Some more (taken from another thread on this site)...
Looks like one of them already went through a sort of zombie apocalypse.

Attachments

• index-1.php.jpg
    index-1.php.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,578
  • index-2.php.jpg
    index-2.php.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,565
  • index-3.php.jpg
    index-3.php.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,554
Back