• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

The Worlds of Crystal Moon book signing GTG! Sat. Feb. 6th, 2010

UtahAV

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2004
SM 2003
Worlds of Crystal Moon
Book Signing GTG!
Saturday, June 6th, 2010
Where: Barnes & Noble
5249 South State Street
Murray, UT

Cruise Meeting Location: Sears Parking Lot
6191 S State St
Murray, UT
Meet at Cruise Point: 11:15AM - Depart for Barnes & Noble at 11:40AM
Book Signing from 12:00PM - 2:00PM

Trafficman said:
OK,  I would like to see if there are any takers on this.

I have a good friend Named Phillip E. Jones,  He is the Author of  The Worlds of Crystal Moon series books.  He is having a book signing and meet and greet event Saturday Feb 6th, noon at Barnes and Noble.  He would like all of us to be there early to grab the parking spots up front.  Phil will say something about our club.  Big thing is He owns a 2007 Chevy Avalanche and just joined our club.

There are more then 250 Confirmed

We can all park in front of the Barnes and Noble and Phillip will say something about us to the fans.
About 80,000 clicks a month hit his website. He can do a cool news article us after the show and bring more attention to the club

He asked me for this too. Phillip E. Jones Quote:
"We will be filming this event. I can also make sure the guy with the camera get you guys on film. It will go on YouTube.  Just do me a favor and have the guys shout into the camera that you love the crystal Moon
We can promote your club and the book same time."

Let me know if this is Anything you are interested in.  here is the web site for the  Book and Show Promo

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/event.php?eid=456131720144

If you want his web site for the book just click on the link at the bottom of my signature.  It has been there for a long time now....

This really is a great opportunity for our club to get some great publicity and help out a fellow AV owner and new club member! It sounds like a great time too!! So come and spend a cold Febraury Saturday with your AV club friends!​

Attending:
Trafficman​
Aussie Red​
UtahAV​
badtuffstuff​
konigstigerii​
Muggles​
Funk_Drum​

So I think it would be really cool to meet somewhere else and cruise into Barnes & Noble. Where would be a good spot to meet? I would think somewhere south of the 5400 S. area so the turn into B&N is a right hand turn.

-UtahAV
-Mark

Ohhhh man, I can tell this is going to be awesome.  Hopefully we can all park in six or more spots in a row up in front.  I will talk with Phil and B&N to see if we can cone off 6 or more spots early in the morning on Saturday.  I also would suggest to pick up at least the first book "The World Of Grayham " .  I read it eight months ago and found it to be a really interesting and good fantasy Novel.  For more info on Phill and his novels goto my signature.... (y)

I was thinking of meeting at the South side of Sears in the Fashion place Mall at 10:30 then we can cruise north to B&N and we will hope for some stalls close to the front of the store.  I'm hoping that Big Dog can cruise with us. But he will be setting up and really busy so I will not hold my breath on that one.

Here is what I envision now......

We gather at Sears at 11:00,  Leave at 11:15 Cruise down past 5300 South and State.  and turn into the last entrance in front of Best Buy.  Aussie will be in the lead with Phillip  in the Pearl.  We pull in the parking lot, Horns blazing and Aussies strobes going. With the flags waving.  She pulls up to the front of Barnes & Noble, Philip jumps out of the Pearl and We parade by and go park in our roped off area.

Thats what I envision.  Course nothing ever seems to go as you plan.  So we will see...  Any help and creative critisim is muchly appreciated.

Also even if you can just show up for the cruise to B&N part that would really be great.  The best part of this will be us showing up in force.  Even if you can't stay and need to leave right after that is fine.  I just need our members for a quick cruise.  And all new members are welcome.  Don't be shy.

I've got an extra CAFCNA sticker for Phillip to put on his signing table!  Tooo bad we can.t get some book marks made up real quick.

Trafficman said:
  Tooo bad we can.t get some book marks made up real quick.

Hey Kent, I was just looking around online and found a place where you can design your own a bookmarks. You can print ready files completed and approved by 6 PST that are printed and ready to ship out the next business day for only like $21 for 100 bookmarks. I was just browsing didn't see anything that said how long it can take to get them approved. Just a thought.

here is the link to the website

http://www.nextdayflyers.com/bookmark-printing/2x6-bookmark-printing.php

So if I can, I should know by Wednesday or Thursday, I probably will do the cruise at least, but to be honest I never heard of the CrystalMoon books, so I dunno if I should hang around for the book signing part twiddling my thumbs lol. The cruise meeting spot so far discussed is good for me as well fyi. As a club, is there like an official flag? I could put one up on my 8ft CB whip antenna for our big entrance :p

Hello fellow Avalanchers,

This is Phillip Jones, author of the Worlds of the Crystal Moon. I look forward to driving up to the event with the gang. It will be good to make new friendships and enjoy the day. Till tomorrow, be safe and love life.

Phillip "Big Dog" Jones

Welcome Phillip,  :welcome:
I hope your experience with us is as great for you has it has been for me.
I actually am reading your first book now and it is a really good read so far.
I am not usually into fantasy but my daughter got your book at another signing last year. I was waiting for a book to read at the time and picked it up.
We have a great time here and hope we can help support you.

Trafficman said:
Here is what I envision now......

We gather at Sears at 11:00,  Leave at 11:15 Cruise down past 5300 South and State.  and turn into the last entrance in front of Best Buy.  Aussie will be in the lead with Phillip  in the Pearl.  We pull in the parking lot, Horns blazing and Aussies strobes going. With the flags waving.  She pulls up to the front of Barnes & Noble, Philip jumps out of the Pearl and We parade by and go park in our roped off area.

Thats what I envision.  Course nothing ever seems to go as you plan.   So we will see... 

So........ do we have an "official" meeting place and time yet.  I know Kent has posted what he "envisions" and that differs from the top of the page.  I am wondering what the "official" plan is for tomorrow morning.   ???   :dunno:

Oh, and by the way.... Welcome! Phillip :welcome:  for whom we have to thank for this GTG!  ;D

First  :wave: :welcome: to you Phillip. Wow guess I am glad I popped in here  :laugh: Ok flag bar is mounted and Pearl is shinned but looks like he wont be that way long. Don't know what it is like in your neck of the woods gang but here it is sprinkling and feels as if that will be snow soon. Now you all know just how nasty a tid bit of snow or water gets the Pearl so no promise as to what he looks like tomorrow.
Kent are you 100% sure you want the horns shot off tomorrow in a parking lot ?  :laugh: Good thing I am leaving town shortly there after folks might forget by then  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was wondering the same thing with the cruise meet, what is the offical word on that?

and Aussie Red, did you happen to be at a wal mart today around 2-3? I think I saw a truck just like yours in the parking lot (its hard to tell by looking at your little pic), but didn't have time to stop, cuz I had to flip around and go look at a place that was selling blankets...gift idea for the gf. :D

First Off,  I'm really sorry I did not post this before Nicole and I went shopping.  So I apologize.

Thankj you for being able to make it Tommy!!!!!!!  And same goes to all of you.  I really appreciate it.

I talked to Big Dog this morning and he will be busy at the Barnes and Noble setting up till about 11:15 - 11:30.

I will pick him up at that time and we'll come over to the staging area at Sears. Say between 11:25 and 11:40.  I hope that is not too late for everyone.

He will transfer over to Aussie's The Black Pearl.  We will head down State St. and turn into the parking lot entrance on the North side of Mimi's Cafe.  We will cruise up to the BARNES & Noble and As Aussie smacks the Train horns on the turn into the parking lot and another blast when she stops infront of the doors as Phillip hops out of the Pearl. 

Phillip would like to get at BARNES and Noble right at 12:00 Noon.

Strobes should be turned on as soon as we get into the parking lot and everyone hits their hazards.  We need to stay pretty close together as this will only look great if no one is between us. 

If you have 2 way radios check the batteries and put em in your AVs.  We roll on channel 10/4

konigstigerii said:
I was wondering the same thing with the cruise meet, what is the offical word on that?

and Aussie Red, did you happen to be at a wal mart today around 2-3? I think I saw a truck just like yours in the parking lot (its hard to tell by looking at your little pic), but didn't have time to stop, cuz I had to flip around and go look at a place that was selling blankets...gift idea for the gf. :D

Yes I was there at that time. Did my grandson Andrew aka cowboy tag you by chance ?

Trafficman said:

If you have 2 way radios check the batteries and put em in your AVs.  We roll on channel 10/4

what about CB's? I do have some really nice 2 way radios as well I will bring if not.

And far as the sears, If I recall correctly, isn't there 3 sides to it? the west, south and east?

konigstigerii said:
what about CB's? I do have some really nice 2 way radios as well I will bring if not.

And far as the sears, If I recall correctly, isn't there 3 sides to it? the west, south and east?

No Cb's just the rads.  Reply # 5 on this thread said South side of sears.  It'll be great to meet you Sterling.  (y)

Here is one of my funky maps again

1. - Prime Parking
2. - Secondary parking
3'. if I can't get this one I'm done with it
4. Noodles and Company Restaurant
5. Mimi's Cafe

Attachments

• BarnesNoble (Medium).jpg
    BarnesNoble (Medium).jpg
    100 KB · Views: 21
Back