Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Author Topic: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First  (Read 666030 times)

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
Re: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First
« Reply #4650 on: June 20, 2019, 04:23:24 AM »

:welcome: TheTez
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

LoneWolfbd

• It's not over until the Wolf howls.
« Reply #4651 on: June 20, 2019, 09:11:22 AM »

:welcome: TheTez to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

BlueWarthog

« Reply #4652 on: June 20, 2019, 12:54:28 PM »

:welcome: TheTez  :B:
Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - 2002

Fuzz

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #4653 on: June 21, 2019, 07:47:40 AM »

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I am on my second avalanche now. I love these trucks. First was a 2011 LT. The second one is a 2002 Z66. The 2011 I no longer own but I paid $1700 cash for the 2002. 326,000 miles and climbing. I will post about the issue I am having as of yesterday with it in the correct section.

BlueWarthog

« Reply #4654 on: June 21, 2019, 08:32:49 AM »

:welcome: Fuzz  :B:

EXT4ME

« Reply #4655 on: June 21, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »

:welcome: Fuzz
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

DeezNuts_23

• I used to drive Cadillacs, but i switched to Chevy
Hello everyone!
« Reply #4656 on: June 22, 2019, 19:40:08 PM »

Well hello my fellow Avi owners, admirers, lovers, and yes even the haters!
My names Dee. I'm a 28 year old Yucca Valley/Perris California dweller. I am the proud owner of Blanche the Avalanche. :) (A very big black beautiful badass 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT 4x4)
Here is my story on how I switched to Chevy. (Funny cuz I always shout along with that commercial "I used to drive a Cadillac, but I switched to Chevy!") Hehe (but i still love my Caddys. Ah hell! Theyre cousins!) Any who . . I've always been a Cadillac owner. Since turning 16 I've owned 5 different Cadillacs. Nothing else... Until now.
Well you see what happened was back in January it was really rainy and wet round these parts. (Ramona Expressway and Gilman Springs to be exact) It was about 8:30 pm and i was on my way to work from Perris to Yucca. I, of coarse took the route I always take... So I'm on Bridge Road and I'm bookin it then all of a sudden SWOOSH outta nowhere! I look around me and I'm literally half way submerged into a LAKE in my POOR 97 ELDOG! I was already in too deep! (Pun not intended) So I was haulin ass tryin to get to land! And just when you thought things couldn't get any worse . . dead center of it all . . my engine died out. 😭

So now not only is my beautiful babys engine FUDGED, I am stranded dead center in the middle of this dairy cow poop-water lake, AND to top it all off . . Im gonna be either suuuuuuper late for work . . or miss work completely . . (but i got someone to cover me last minute . . thank u GOD its HARD to get someone to cover graveyard shifts)

::Fast Forward to February 23rd::
HaPpY BiRtHdAy 2 Me! So my mother comes down from her shack up in Tajunga to pay me a birthday visit and to help finance me for a new vehicle. So instinctively i started looking at CTS's . . showed her a few we could go look at, but that was a definite "NO . . I'm buying you a Cadillac . . I'll buy you a Chevrolet . . or it's your Chevrolegs" basically . .

Okaaayyy so Im looking at Silverados on craigs n stuff . . seen a couple Avalanches that were cool . . but idk . . i didnt know nothing about them . .
So on the way out of Yucca she suggested stopping at the dealerships we have . . (Im not havin it . . i had my heart set on this one lifted silverado . .) However . . we checked out this little dirt backyard dealership by my house . . and up front and center was my future Avalanche. I passed her up tho and went straight to the few trucks he had that were chevy and gmc . .
As soon as I found they were all basic . . no power seats, windows, locks, nothing! I lost hope . . but decided to peak at the Avi . . she was kinda purdy and FULLY LOADED . . awe hell she was gorgeous

"LEMME GET THE KEYS FOR THIS ONE"
Boy I tell ya . . i knew Blanche was the one as soon as I stuck my keys in her ignition! XD It got better as we test drove it around town. Blanche stole my heart. And for $7,700 out the door! I practically stole her!

That my friends is how I became a lover of its fine and unique kind. And I am super eager to learn all there is to know about them! Just like I was the CadiQueen . . I want to become the AviQueen.
So as you might have guessed, I have many many questions! Bear with me as I am new to this forum thing as well. So if I ask a question that has been answered in big bold red letters on home page . . please be nice . . I am not 100% technology savvy either . . so now i am just kind of figuring out where to start and how to post post and where....
(WOW i did not expect that story to be that long, but hope you guys enjoyed . . considering you took the time to read it haha)
THANK ALL YOU LOVELIES IN ADVANCE.
Look forward to sponging up some A1 knowledge!
😘💙✌💙😊💙😎

~ Yours Truly ~
Dee
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 20:07:12 PM by DeezNuts_23 »
Blh th vlch

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #4657 on: June 23, 2019, 04:06:35 AM »

:welcome:  Fun story.  Sorry about your Caddy but I guess it turned into a gift that brought you Blanche. ;)
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

EXT4ME

« Reply #4658 on: June 23, 2019, 06:30:21 AM »

:welcome: DeezNuts_23

Xangryth

• My first Chevy was a '54
« Reply #4659 on: June 23, 2019, 08:35:06 AM »

Welcome Dee and your new Avalanche ride-- I checked and you have long (60+ miles?) commute to work and back, so be safe as they aren't making anymore of these Avalanches- the good news, is it's relatively cheap to install a rebuilt engine and transmission in these older models.
Mark
Seeing the USA in my Chevy  '02 Z66 Avalanche

BlueWarthog

« Reply #4660 on: June 23, 2019, 14:28:35 PM »

:welcome: Dee  :B:
Thank you for your story.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4661 on: June 24, 2019, 08:55:39 AM »

:welcome: Fuzz to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4662 on: June 24, 2019, 08:56:24 AM »

:welcome: DeezNuts_23 to the club.

Brian

DeezNuts_23

« Reply #4663 on: June 25, 2019, 06:05:12 AM »

Thanks guys! 😘😘😘😘😘
I'm trying to figure this site out some more. I want to post pictures of Blanche and myself . .
Im so confused! I THINK i posted a coupke questions i had as well a few days ago and cant find them for the lifeof me. Haha! In due time lovelies
Good morning!

Blh th vlch

Vaeagleav

• The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #4664 on: June 25, 2019, 07:35:50 AM »

Welcome DeezNuts_23!

You are right in that it takes time to learn to navigate around this site due to the mountain of info contained.
There is a separate post on how to post photos that goes into detail on various ways to post them as well as a practice thread so you can attempt to post without starting a new thread.
You can find your old posts by looking at your profile and clicking the link that says see old posts, they will come up then you can click on them to see any replies.
As a general rule if you ask one question at a time and post it in the appropriate section it is easy to locate. (ex. electrical problem in electrical section, something about water leaks in that section etc.)
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

BainMan

• Send it!
« Reply #4665 on: June 25, 2019, 14:26:53 PM »

I'm trying to figure this site out some more.
If you care to see recent posts from other forum members, I bookmark and use this link   http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?action=unread

That link shows all of the new posts since you last visited the site. Instead of digging through all of the different subtopics to look for new posts, it's all in one place.
2010 LTZ, bone stock 5.3

DeezNuts_23

« Reply #4666 on: July 3, 2019, 18:26:01 PM »

Welcome Dee and your new Avalanche ride-- I checked and you have long (60+ miles?) commute to work and back, so be safe as they aren't making anymore of these Avalanches- the good news, is it's relatively cheap to install a rebuilt engine and transmission in these older models.
Mark
Oh no. I work right down the street.  I just so happened to be visiting that way and had to go top work.  But yeah.  Great truck !
Blh th vlch

Jbuffa8255

« Reply #4667 on: July 28, 2019, 05:42:06 AM »

Hello all!! New to the club. I have a 2005 Avalanche LT. Silver with chrome
bumpers rolling on 22 chrome 7 spoke rims
I put all of the 140k miles on her.

EXT4ME

« Reply #4668 on: July 28, 2019, 07:01:36 AM »

:welcome: Jbuffa8255

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4669 on: July 29, 2019, 06:08:54 AM »

:welcome: Jbuffa8255 to the club.

Brian

dianafish

« Reply #4670 on: August 2, 2019, 12:36:04 PM »

Very new to this forum, and I'm afraid I need help! My husband and I have a 2002 Avalanche 1500, and have owned it from day one! We love it, and don't want to trade it. However, it has some cosmetic issues that need fixing! Anyone have a good resource of parts for the inside? Specifically, I'm looking for a door pull handle for the passenger side. It has pulled loose and we can't get it fastened back in......thanks so much!
Diana Fish :D

Vaeagleav

• The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #4671 on: August 2, 2019, 13:22:38 PM »

Welcome to the website dianafish!

Unfortunately a 2002 AV means it is a cladded AV so some parts for it may be model/year specific and harder to find over the WBH (without body hardware) later models. Hopefully the interiors are not that different though. For the door handle fix look in the sections on this site dealing with interiors and you will find that there are many ways to deal with the door handle issue. Maybe dealership replacement, junkyard old part, trying home repairs etc.
Whatever route you take you may want to consider changing the door closure technique to avoiding putting lots of force on the handle and causing the new one to break as well.....we lower the windows and grab the top of the door panel itself instead of the handle to enter or exit or on driver side grab the steering wheel instead.
Good luck with your efforts to maintain!
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #4672 on: August 2, 2019, 13:31:45 PM »

interiors for 2002 are all the same and same as Suburbans for most part and what you need.
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #4673 on: August 2, 2019, 13:46:46 PM »

Very new to this forum, and I'm afraid I need help! My husband and I have a 2002 Avalanche 1500, and have owned it from day one! We love it, and don't want to trade it. However, it has some cosmetic issues that need fixing! Anyone have a good resource of parts for the inside? Specifically, I'm looking for a door pull handle for the passenger side. It has pulled loose and we can't get it fastened back in......thanks so much!
Diana Fish :D
:welcome:  Here are a few:

1A Auto
Rock Auto

You can then always copy those part numbers and search any of your favorite parts places.  Local junk yard is always an option too.  Good luck.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

EXT4ME

« Reply #4674 on: August 2, 2019, 14:35:53 PM »

:welcome: dianafish

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 23 queries.