Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192   Go Down

Author Topic: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First  (Read 666032 times)

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
Re: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First
« Reply #4725 on: October 8, 2019, 23:40:19 PM »

:welcome: theflynner
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

LoneWolfbd

• It's not over until the Wolf howls.
« Reply #4726 on: October 9, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »

:welcome: theflynner to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

No1youknow

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #4727 on: October 13, 2019, 09:31:14 AM »

New member here.. from south Florida.  I recently picked up a 2003 avalanche, which needed some work. Recently replaced the water pump and coolant overflow tank. Picked it up pretty cheap. Very happy with it.  😊 would post a pic if I knew how to haha..

EXT4ME

« Reply #4728 on: October 13, 2019, 17:02:01 PM »

:welcome: No1youknow
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4729 on: October 15, 2019, 06:15:30 AM »

:welcome: No1youknow to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

bstephens

« Reply #4730 on: October 15, 2019, 14:43:03 PM »

I just purchased a 2006 Avalanche this weekend.  Engine runs great, transmission works well.  Needs a few cosmetic fixes but overall very happy with my purchase.  Had my mechanic look it over and he told me it was a great buy.  This forum has already helped me with a few of the fixes such as the tailgate handle fix.  Thanks all!  :B:
2006 Avalanche

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #4731 on: October 15, 2019, 17:18:15 PM »

:welcome: to the club bstephens
2003 2500

EXT4ME

« Reply #4732 on: October 15, 2019, 17:31:32 PM »

:welcome: bstephens

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4733 on: October 16, 2019, 09:39:55 AM »

:welcome: bstephens to the club.

Brian

randy4748

« Reply #4734 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:36 AM »

I have gotten a lot of great information from the form. I thought it would be great to let everyone know that I have already been able to fix a problem I was having with the ac going to defrost.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EXT4ME

« Reply #4735 on: October 17, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »

:welcome: randy4748

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4736 on: October 21, 2019, 10:02:03 AM »

:welcome: randy4748 to the club.

Brian

HDavalnche

« Reply #4737 on: October 23, 2019, 08:38:21 AM »

Hey everyone, looks like I found a home to post about my 2005 2500 avalanche!  Iím getting into this overlanding fun, and I have another truck which is a 2007 frontier that I take for overland adventures.  The avalanche stays home and does the heavy work like towing. 

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #4738 on: October 23, 2019, 08:58:17 AM »

:welcome: to the club HDavalnche
2003 2500

EXT4ME

« Reply #4739 on: October 23, 2019, 17:07:24 PM »

:welcome: HDavalnche

adriver

« Reply #4740 on: October 23, 2019, 22:26:11 PM »

2nd post here.   Down in south Texas.  Don't have an avalanche yet, just working on my research first.  I currently drive a 02 Silverado reg cab with a 4.8 and a FIVE SPEED MANual transmission, 2WD, and realize I will eventually want a four door.  I will only drive manual transmissions and whatever I get I will have to swap one in.  Crew cab pickup beds are too small, that's out.  Its either keep my pickup and get a Tahoe, or get an avalanche as an only vehicle.  I like my handling and my only problem with the avalanche is how it is rated as so much heavier (500 pounds), then a crew cab or a Tahoe even though it has a smaller wheelbase.   I have spent a lot of time learning about my Silverado.  Then about a Tahoe, and hope to bring some of that cross platform info here, and learn a little more to help in my decision.   Thanks.

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #4741 on: October 24, 2019, 02:59:26 AM »

:welcome: arrived.  I love your love of manuals.   :thumbsup:. There is at least one member here, though he hasn't been around for a while, who has swapped in a manual.  The difference is due to the AV being based on a suburban platform vs. pickup platform.  While the bed is in fact smaller, it can be increased to a long bed simply by dropping the midgate.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 06:18:15 AM by frito »
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

EXT4ME

« Reply #4742 on: October 24, 2019, 02:59:56 AM »

:welcome: adriver

Vaeagleav

• The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #4743 on: October 24, 2019, 07:54:05 AM »

welcome adriver,
frito is correct in that the AV is built on the Suburban frame and suspension so I think you are mistaken in that the AV has a longer wheelbase and overall length compared to a Tahoe or a two door short bed pickup etc. If I remember correctly the Suburban is 23" longer then a Tahoe.The AV has a 5'.3" bed but with midgate down and rear seats folded you have a 8'.1" bed. Also the plastic sail panels have a metal skeleton inside them to provide strength with the Suburban rear roof missing, that can add weight.
Good luck with your search for a perfect for you vehicle.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:14:13 AM by Vaeagleav »
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4744 on: October 24, 2019, 08:19:30 AM »

:welcome: HDavalnche to the club.

Brian

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4745 on: October 24, 2019, 08:20:16 AM »

:welcome: adriver to the club.

Brian

adriver

« Reply #4746 on: October 24, 2019, 11:09:10 AM »

:welcome: arrived.  I love your love of manuals.   :thumbsup:. There is at least one member here, though he hasn't been around for a while, who has swapped in a manual.  The difference is due to the AV being based on a suburban platform vs. pickup platform.  While the bed is in fact smaller, it can be increased to a long bed simply by dropping the midgate.
I haven't searched here yet, but I know I've seen a 2500 with a 6spd.  There was a lot done to it overall, and was a real beauty and a beast.

:welcome: adriver
Thank you.

welcome adriver,
frito is correct in that the AV is built on the Suburban frame and suspension so I think you are mistaken in that the AV has a longer wheelbase and overall length compared to a Tahoe or a two door short bed pickup etc. If I remember correctly the Suburban is 23" longer then a Tahoe.The AV has a 5'.3" bed but with midgate down and rear seats folded you have a 8'.1" bed. Also the plastic sail panels have a metal skeleton inside them to provide strength with the Suburban rear roof missing, that can add weight.
Good luck with your search for a perfect for you vehicle.
I'm not sure where I got that from.  Yeah you're right, thanks.   Looks like I'm definitely going to have to flush the bumper if I want to get every spare inch to fit it in the garage.   Not sure how to post a picture, nor did I search to see if I could find it here. 

:welcome: adriver to the club.

Brian
Thank you.

jmainer

« Reply #4747 on: October 25, 2019, 13:11:03 PM »

Hello,

Just joined the forum.  I have a 2004 Avalanche 2500.  Bought it as a back up towing vehicle, but it is a really nice ride, so we will see how that goes!

Regards,

Jmainer

EXT4ME

« Reply #4748 on: October 25, 2019, 17:42:38 PM »

:welcome: jmainer

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #4749 on: October 28, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »

:welcome: jmainer to the club.

Brian
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 23 queries.