• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hit a Deer last night in southern ontario

biggmachz

on my way home from work at 2:30am and wham!

Attachments

• 100_1752 (Small).JPG
    100_1752 (Small).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_1753 (Small).JPG
    100_1753 (Small).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 135
the headlight mounts are busted, the headlight is just floating around, and the rad support is bent and the tranny cooler is punctured so far,
its being tore down today to reveal what else is damaged

:eek:  That's a shame!  I think like you have mentioned, there will be more hidden damage as they investigate.  I had a woman back into my Av in a parking lot (Hello! It's a BIG ORANGE truck  :E:) It turned out that the bumper supports were bent as well.

Hey look at it this way,,, it's the perfect time to have those ambers put in...

(y)

Sorry to see this...the good news is it CAN be fixed... (y) (y)

Glad your getting it fixed that does not look too bad.

Did you at least get any venison steaks after all this.

just got back from the shop, there's a whopping $9400 in damage.
doesn't look like much but everything that's bent or has a mark on it is being replaced with oem parts... i called gmac as well as my insurance company and said i wouldn't take it back any other way..

i've had amber drl in for a year now.
yes steaks and sausages are on their way

I have never leased a car, but if you like the AV buy it. I do believe the value will be dropped

Not sure about a size of a deer in Ontario, but in Alberta it would be damaged a lot worse.....

Check out other body shops, shop around, I'm sure GM will always charge a lot more. They are always a rip off. I learn that the hard way, and my issue never got fixed. It's been 3-4 years.  :cry:

Good luck.

insurance is going to cover the repair cost, i'm just wondering if they are going to want full residual value when i go to buy it or if they'll give me a deal..

a friend of mine hit a deer with her honda civic a few years ago, it was leased as well, insurance was going to pay to get it fixed, but the dealer said they didn't want the car back after the lease was up so they just scraped it and gave her a new car

If they don't give you a deal, than throw the keys in their face. You be surprised how fast they change their mind.
Tell them how much it depreciated after that of a accident value. I'm sure you'll have 'em convinced.

Glad to hear that you made up your mind that you wanna keep it.
It's a beautiful truck.  :love:

If you buy it out and don't like it, I'll trade you for my 04 with 40 000kms on it.    1 for 1    >:D

Back