Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 [208]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do to your Avalanche today?  (Read 1033502 times)

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
Re: What did you do to your Avalanche today?
« Reply #5175 on: February 3, 2020, 03:07:27 AM »

Well I went and did it. Ordered one in Blue for my 13 LTZ. Should be here this week Tuesday. I see that you "EXT" bought extra hose for your catch can install. Why is that, did the kit not have enough?

Many of the reviews indicated the hose that came with the kit was not a very good one, quality wise.

I am not sure about the quality, but the quantity is certainly lacking.

At least for my application.

After receiving my kit, I found the included hose was a single piece of black 3/8" rubber hose that was just 32" long.

And even if it had been up to the task of holding up to the engine's vacuum, it most certainly was not going to allow me to mount the catch can anywhere near the place I intended to use for my mount.

You are going to need two pieces of hose, at the very least.

I have not measured how much of the 25' of hose I ended up using, but by the looks of what's left on the reel, I feel like I may have ended up using close of half of it.

There is no way that 32" hose was going to cut it for me.

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

No Tyme

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
« Reply #5176 on: February 4, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »

Many of the reviews indicated the hose that came with the kit was not a very good one, quality wise.

I am not sure about the quality, but the quantity is certainly lacking.

At least for my application.
I have to agree with your assessment of this product. I am going to replace the hose also if I keep it, but I am also thinking about the possibility of installing a ball valve in the bottom of the can. My truck is lifted and it may be an issue reaching the can easily... but first I need to figure out how to unscrew it. I am going to the shop and see if the vise will help me in this.
2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance 2 1/2" lift, Hollander 5308ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Coper Discoverer HTPís, DZ TailGate assist, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Firestone Air Springs, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights.

Formerly 2005 Avalanche Z71 Silver Birch

EXT4ME

« Reply #5177 on: February 4, 2020, 12:21:59 PM »

I have to agree with your assessment of this product. I am going to replace the hose also if I keep it, but I am also thinking about the possibility of installing a ball valve in the bottom of the can. My truck is lifted and it may be an issue reaching the can easily... but first I need to figure out how to unscrew it. I am going to the shop and see if the vise will help me in this.

Now that I have emptied the cup a couple of times, I am pleased with the location I chose.

But, getting the cup off and then back on has proven to be a chore.

That joker is tight and the threads are very precise.

I found I need to have my rubber coated shop gloves on for the best grip.

And keep everything clean, clean, clean.

At the very least, make sure you remove the dipstick before working with the cup.

:thumbsup:
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

No Tyme

« Reply #5178 on: February 5, 2020, 04:48:32 AM »

I have started an Amazon return on the oil catch can. The difficulty in removing the cup and lack of a sturdy bracket were my upmost concerns, but agree that the hose provided was lacking. I tried reaching out to the seller, and received a reply that the seller was unable to receive my email. Called Amazon to express my concerns and no help so I figure if the seller doesn't want to communicate with its customers, I don't want their product.
Wil most likely buy another Elite oil catch can like I installed on my 2014 Silverado.
Thank you for you responses to my inquiry's.
2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance 2 1/2" lift, Hollander 5308ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Coper Discoverer HTPís, DZ TailGate assist, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Firestone Air Springs, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights.

EXT4ME

« Reply #5179 on: February 5, 2020, 05:03:21 AM »

Sorry your experience wasn't as you had hoped.

Luckily, there are others to choose from.

If I hadn't already bought two more, I would gladly buy yours from you.

Let us know when you find a better one.

I may want to upgrade.

No Tyme

« Reply #5180 on: February 8, 2020, 13:34:46 PM »

Today I searched the internet for all the codes, check engine light and alerts in the DIC after installing 2 Arnott air shocks on my 13 LTZ. I did find that I did pop loose a connection for the right rear wheel sensor above the axel, which Arnott says is common mistake, so that took care of a couple of codes. Then I had to reset the air line on the left rear shock as I was getting a "service air suspension" in the DIC. I had an old code reader I picked up from harbor freight years back but it is really no help. I them pulled out my "Blue Driver" which plugs into the OBD-II connector and give me trouble codes, code definitions and even frequency's and so much more, on my phone or tablet, even common fixes. I was able to find the wheel sensor disconnect with it and clear all the codes in my AV.
Now my new compressor kicks on for a couple second with each turn of the key, and I have no codes or messages in the DIC. I am a happy camper.
I was so thrilled I next installed my new plug wires that I did not do last year with my new plugs. I say all in all it was a god day. Maybe I will go out later and clean the MAF sensor and blow out my AEM dry flow air filter. Feeling accomplished today.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 8, 2020, 13:37:22 PM by No Tyme »

EXT4ME

« Reply #5181 on: February 9, 2020, 01:56:49 AM »

Good day indeed, No Tyme!

Well done!

old skool

« Reply #5182 on: February 16, 2020, 18:16:23 PM »

Gave it a good wash and changed the oil and filter. Vacuumed the inside and also the bedrug. Have had spark plugs and wires laying around for the last 3 months...that's next.
Ebony 2007 LS
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 [208]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 24 queries.