Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103   Go Down

Author Topic: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First  (Read 470176 times)

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
Re: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First
« Reply #2475 on: May 30, 2019, 20:10:58 PM »

:welcome: dogfan1987,

I doubt that you will find much difference between a 2010 -2013 AV so even less between a 2012 and a 2013 AV.
If all you do is read the Problems section you can get a slanted view of any vehicle since most owners aren't site members then most members don't post things like "drove my AV today and nothing bad happened!"
There are many sections dealing with high mileage and multiple AV owners as well as the yearly posts about wanting the AV to go back into production etc.
As far as I know the dash cracking is pretty much a universal thing due to the curvy design of the 2007+  dash in the AV and Suburbans and Tahoes. Not everyone gets the cracks but many do and the only true fix seems to be replace the upper dash pad and keep it out of the UV rays of the sun as much as possible. Others have just installed a dash cover over the old dash and cover it up.
As far as 2012 v. 2013 AV the 2012 painted upper cladding was an option but in 2013 it was standard as well as every 2013 was designated a Black Diamond AV and had special badging and came with a book showing the history of the AV. In the last year some things were de-contented and were not available in 2013.
You would need to look at the RPO code list on the glove box door to see what each AV had in order to make a fair comparison.
When comparing any two AVs the maintenance and history of the vehicle is more important then the exact year  or mileage since one could have been abused or neglected and the other one well cared for over time.

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #2476 on: May 31, 2019, 03:42:13 AM »

:welcome: dogfan1987
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

lunchwagon

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
« Reply #2477 on: June 4, 2019, 09:52:13 AM »

1. Does anyone have a dash that isn't cracked?

I have a 2011 with 154,XXX miles with an intact dash.  I park in a garage in the evenings, but it sits outside all day when I'm at work without a windshield sunshade.  So there's one data point for you. 
2011 LT 4WD

avalancheirv

« Reply #2478 on: June 5, 2019, 16:03:02 PM »

:welcome: Bill, I'm guessing that you are out west or south somewhere and if the dash hasn't been covered, it's going to be cracked from the sun and heat. I'm in upstate NY and had a 2007 and now a 2013 and have'nt seen that problem.
2013 Silver Ice LT

LoneWolfbd

• It's not over until the Wolf howls.
« Reply #2479 on: June 6, 2019, 06:33:00 AM »

:welcome: devo to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2480 on: June 6, 2019, 06:34:27 AM »

:welcome: dogfan1987 to the club.

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

FMLM83

• 2007 Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #2481 on: June 22, 2019, 20:15:57 PM »

Hi, I'm Frank and just purchased my "new to me" 2007 Avalanche.  It is Dark blue and has 193,000 miles on it.  It has been well taken care of, purrs like a kitten. 

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #2482 on: June 23, 2019, 04:07:42 AM »

:welcome: Frank
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

EXT4ME

« Reply #2483 on: June 23, 2019, 06:35:24 AM »

:welcome: FMLM83
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2484 on: June 24, 2019, 08:51:17 AM »

:welcome: FMLM83 to the club.

Brian

Black. Diamond Stu

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #2485 on: June 24, 2019, 13:32:10 PM »

Hello, I just bought the 2013 Black Diamond edition here in Michigan. I noticed today another LTZ (not Black Diamond) truck today while at lunch, but it looked just like mine. I was pitched that the Black Diamond package is the only one with the body color match surrounds in the back?

Also, does anyone know why the express open moon roof stops at the sun shade? I noticed that you can hit the button again and it will open even further past the sun shade.
Thanks!
Stu

Vaeagleav

• The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #2486 on: June 24, 2019, 13:46:54 PM »

Welcome to the site!

The 2013 is the only year the painted upper cladding came from the factory as stock. It was however offered as an option on a couple of years before that (around 2010 or so forward.)  I believe it costs about $500 to $1,000 more at the time. In earlier years some owners of older AVs bought the cladding for the Cadillac EXT and installed it on their AV for about $1,200 in parts then painted to match and labor to install too.
Not sure about your sunroof issue maybe looking at owners manual in the Resources section will show PDF area in the manual if you don't have a copy with your AV?
May you have many happy and safe miles in your Av......
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

EXT4ME

« Reply #2487 on: June 25, 2019, 04:00:45 AM »

:welcome: Black. Diamond Stu

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2488 on: June 25, 2019, 06:34:05 AM »

:welcome: Black. Diamond Stu to the club.

Brian

BainMan

• Send it!
« Reply #2489 on: June 25, 2019, 14:30:45 PM »

Also, does anyone know why the express open moon roof stops at the sun shade? I noticed that you can hit the button again and it will open even further past the sun shade.
Welcome Stu! The sunroof stop is noted in the manual, I believe it says something to the effect of 'comfort stop'. The manual doesn't go into detail, but I believe it reduces the buffeting noise that is sometimes experienced when only 1 window is open. I had the same exact question as you when I noticed that feature.
2010 LTZ, bone stock 5.3

ack999

« Reply #2490 on: June 30, 2019, 19:00:47 PM »

I'm a new member.  I had an orange 2007 Avalanche LT for the last 11 years and just traded it in on a red 2012 LTZ.  I'd like to get as many more years of Avalanche driving as possible.  It is a great vehicle for carrying kayakers, kayaks, and stinky river gear.  I'm still learning about the new one and will probably ask a few questions.  The 2012 seems a bit more complex than the 2007.

EXT4ME

« Reply #2491 on: July 1, 2019, 03:45:47 AM »

:welcome: ack999

LeBron Morrow

« Reply #2492 on: July 5, 2019, 04:31:27 AM »

Iím a new member and have had my first avalanche since October 2018. I would have had many more if I had known what an awesome vehicle they were. 2012 Silver Ice Metallic with GM 22s. Iíve made the comment multiple times that this is my favorite vehicle Iíve ever owned and Iíve owned and built well over a dozen classic vehicle and resto mods.

EXT4ME

« Reply #2493 on: July 5, 2019, 06:22:43 AM »

:welcome: LeBron Morrow

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2494 on: July 8, 2019, 08:56:36 AM »

:welcome: ack999 to the club.

Brian

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2495 on: July 8, 2019, 08:57:00 AM »

:welcome: LeBron Morrow to the club.

Brian

Dramarcus1983

« Reply #2496 on: July 8, 2019, 13:15:30 PM »

helo everyone  new to the club

EXT4ME

« Reply #2497 on: July 8, 2019, 17:49:34 PM »

:welcome: Dramarcus1983

LoneWolfbd

« Reply #2498 on: July 9, 2019, 09:42:51 AM »

:welcome: Dramarcus1983 to the club.

Brian

Derekfoehammer

« Reply #2499 on: July 11, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »

How's it going everyone,  I'm Derek. Bought my first avalanche about a year ago, found my way here after hunting through Google for the solution to my cruise control problem. Found the fix here! Looking at doing some engine mods and cosmetic changes in the coming years.

Thanks for having me!
'08 LTZ Avalanche - "Zoe"
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 23 queries.