• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Okay okay So I got a chance to drive my adopted brothers new escalade ext today.

Jolt

SM 2010
okay, so i'm a believer and going to do anything I have to to save up and buy one. Needless to say, I fell in love :love:, Nice tight steering, Wood grain steering wheel, Nav and DVD screens, Leather everywhere (they didn't skimp with the fake stuff anywhere) the steering wheel controls, the way the seats feel, WOW, again, the way the seats feel, the way it handles, The way the lights in the bed come on with the dome, the 22" stock wheels, the nice smooth ride, GREAT power, ect, ect. yada yada yada. Simply awesome. Complements to all of you that have one. Your lucky to own such a nice truck.

Jolt- There really is a huge difference. Cadillac tries hard to make sure it is more than just perceived, remembering the lesson of the Cimmaron which was just a J car with badges and leather seats.

Avalon

I agree! The new EXT is a very nice, comfortable and beautiful Truck. Like you I am faced with the decision to spend $70,000.00 or keep driving my beautiful smooth riding Avalanche. Don't look for me at the Cadillac store! 

I had a 2003 2500 with a RCD lift and traded it last year for a 2007 Escalade, Loaded.  They gave me 20k for my AV and I paid 40K for the Cadi.  All in all, came out with a 20k loan.  Not too bad. 

Don't give up, I couldn't believe the trade they gave me and the price on a certified pre-owned wasn't too bad.  I love the Escalade, not crazy about the GPS, but still a very nice ride!

Well since that first post, I've managed to save $6k give or take a little. Unfortunately, I do not want to sell my avalanche as I still love it and would like to use it as the usable truck...I'd baby a cadillac more than I do my avy, and it already overwhelms people. I purchased my truck in cash from saving up working working working and saving, saving, saving. I'd like to do the same with the cadillac, but I might have to take out a loan to help (for the first time in my life) the problem is having no credit, i've never had a credit card or anything. I do believe i'll have to wait another few years, until prices fall more, and I can find a good deal on an EXCELLENT condition, low mileage ext. Wish me luck! glad to hear you love yours, Very jealous.

Hey Jolt did you notice that HomeRun Hitter  is comparing a 03 2500 to a 07 Escalade.

That not even a comparison to apples and oranges, thats a comparison to apples to peanuts.

Put a 10,000 pound trailer behind the Escalade and lets see what happens. Sorry I had to post this.  :laugh:

MS03 2500 said:
Hey Jolt did you notice that HomeRun Hitter  is comparing a 03 2500 to a 07 Escalade.

That not even a comparison to apples and oranges, thats a comparison to apples to peanuts.

Put a 10,000 pound trailer behind the Escalade and lets see what happens. Sorry I had to post this.  :laugh:

I have a 07 avalanche 5.3L and an 07 escalade 6.2L and the esky has so much more power and better steering. It's a huge noticeable difference when driving both back to back the same day. It makes me want an esky EXT!

Jolt -

You go about selling that '66 Mustang or the Corvette, and you'll have plenty of cash for whatever Cadillac you want.

:jacked:

Now why would you bother to mention that your brother is adopted?

The Ext is nice, Just don't know if I could give up my cladded avy for one. Maybe I'll trade Twiggy's in though. >:D

Back