• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

SUPERCHARGER!!!!

jimjtul

:help:  I HAVEN`T BEEN ON HERE IN A WHILE SO IF THIS QUESTION`S ALREADY BEEN ASKED DON`T SHOOT ME, WHERE CAN I GET A SUPERCHARGER FOR MY 2500????

Raylar used to sell one but not anymore, too many problem with the valve train. Whippie sell something for the 6.0 and they list the 8.1 with it, but I doubt it is big enough for the 8.1.

a friend of mine name Kerr on performancetruck.net has a wipple for sale for an 8.1
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=476566

Looks like Whipple is back to making Superchargers for the 8.1L again.  

http://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=149

photo2_thumbnail.jpg

Wonder if any major difference from the marine to dry world? Wiring maybe different? Little spendy too. Nice find though. For that much i would have to consider going with newer truck and diesel.

It would be tuff to put the Marine Supercharger on for a many reasons. One is clearance in the rear, two no EGR so it would never pass a smog check, three the MAS is part of the rear case and is not DBW, four you need about 6-7 inches of clearance in front of the motor for the pulleys just to name a few reasons it can't be adapted to a AV.

Also they have been making the Marine SC all along for the 8.1L, just not the trucks. This one is just the latest version with the SC on their custom manifold with the intercooler built in and not blowing through the stock manifold.

ckeene said:
Long live southern states with easy inspection!!!,!

Or none.

(y)

Randy said:
It would be tuff to put the Marine Supercharger on for a many reasons. One is clearance in the rear, two no EGR so it would never pass a smog check, three the MAS is part of the rear case and is not DBW, four you need about 6-7 inches of clearance in front of the motor for the pulleys just to name a few reasons it can't be adapted to a AV.

Also they have been making the Marine SC all along for the 8.1L, just not the trucks. This one is just the latest version with the SC on their custom manifold with the intercooler built in and not blowing through the stock manifold.
Also fly-by wire throttle control.    (n)  :E:

EXT4ME said:
(y)  (y)  None here for 2500's 

I know this subject is getting old but. I have been talking to Raylar about juicing up my 2004 2500. Raylar is coming out with an over the road Whipple supercharger package for the 8.1/496. If is nearly as good as the stroker kit and heads they supplied for my 2003 2500 I will think I have died and gone to heaven.

Further to my last post I have the mockup/fabrication CAD drawings that were sent to me by Raylar but I can't figure out how to post them. Talked to Raylar on Thursday and was told they have the 1st one installed on a 2004 Burb. and it apparently is GREAT.

I already have an Edelbrock E Force on my 2003 5.3 and it is crazy fast with 6 lbs. boost. Stock intake. Stock exhaust. Slightly beefed up trans. and no other performance mods except brakes.

Yea Raylar's will have a intake manifold with the inter-cooler under it and the blower with sit on top, not to the side like the Whipple, Paxton and Kenne Bell all of which are no longer made.. You can expect it to be $6,000 -$7,000 maybe more...

Will have to keep an eye on this!  The end goal is a Duramax swap for my burb, but the Supercharger might hold me over until I can get all the parts together.  For sure wouldn't be as much down time.

Just got my 04 2500 supercharger kit without intercooler. Holy cow it's fast with completely stock engine and exhaust. Smokes the tires in 4wd.
Getting lined up to put one on my 03 2500 that already has a Raylar 540 cu in stroker kit. This time I will be installing the intercooler.
Check it out @ http://www.raylarengineering.com/vortec-8100-496cid-forced-induction-performance-parts.html

Sounds like a fun project, what tranny do you have in it.

Trans is stock 4l80E with stock transfer case. Whole vehicle is stock with just bolt on supercharger and three days of tuning with EFiLive.

Let us know how you come out

Back