• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need some service in Winnipeg

Richman

Good Morning Winnipegers!

My 2002 AV is in need of some serious transfer case repairs and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on repair locations in Winnipeg.

Prior to adopting the AV through work, it took a pretty good beating.  The transfer case suffered the infamous "rub through"  so I did a little JB weld but I believe the damage was already done, this was over a year ago.  It was driven for a while with zero fluid prior to me getting it and now the Service 4 wheel light is on.

Thanks

Not sure where they would be located there.  But I have found Mr.Transmission to have awesome service.  I have been taken by the dealership when my tranny went, and that cost me just over $4000.  But recently, my differential starting whining and grinding.  I had 5 mechanics, 2 which were friends asked to fix it, and they refused.  I broke down and went to Mr Transmission and it did cost me about $1700, but everything was explained to me in detail, they upgraded my diff to a bullitproof unit, and I best of all, its warrantied.  Just some advice, my Av has cost me a bit of cash, but I would never get rid of it.  Too much invested LOL.  But consider it, I was leary, but now I left feeling relieved and secure. 

I haven't had any trouble with my Av, but I have dealt with Mr Transmission with another vehicle and I agree with 05silverado. Not sure what end of the city your in, but I dealt with the one on west Portage Ave. (near Cavalier and Portage)

Back