• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Drive-Inn Movie CarAvan Thursday Night.

desirehrdwd

Thought it might be cool to catch a movie or 2 while on Vaca, found a Drive Inn in Muskegon. Its about 30 miles from JJ and would give us an opportunity to do a cruise together through town w/ our flags a Flyin!

Post up if your in so we can get a plan together.

Getty 4 Drive Inn
920 East Summit
Muskegon MI

4 different screens 2 shows per
$8.50 for adults
$5.00 for kids & senors

First Shoe Starts at Dusk. (must get a nap in that day)!

I like your thinking, (y)

what shows are playin?

might want to make sure they are still open .... I tried to go to there web site and it no longer exists ....

I searched on "getty 4 drive inn" in google

John

never mind ... go here they are still open ... go here to see what is playing ...

http://www.celebrationcinema.com/GettyDriveIn

already seen transformers .... was pretty good ....

horrible bosses and bad teacher ....  >:D

July 22 - 28   looks like CAR2 is replaced by Captain America, the rest of lineup is just juggled a bit

Captain America: First Avenger (PG-13)  PLUS  Super 8 (PG-13)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 (PG-13)  PLUS  Green Lantern (PG-13)

Zookeeper (PG)  PLUS  Transformers: Dark of the Moon (PG-13)

Horrible Bosses (R)  PLUS  Bad Teacher (R)

My vote (not that it matters much  >:D ) is Horrible Bosses and Bad Teacher!!

BigC Mich said:
My vote (not that it matters much  >:D ) is Horrible Bosses and Bad Teacher!!

I work Thurs night but I'd suggest the same, if anyone has younger children just get one adult to volunteer to watch everybody's brats at one of the PG movies. Should be easy enough to park and walk over to the "R' movie and hang out with the adults. You could even have two AVs full of kids with one adult then switch babysitters for second flick.

Flint4x4 said:
I work Thurs night but I'd suggest the same, if anyone has younger children just get one adult to volunteer to watch everybody's brats at one of the PG movies. Should be easy enough to park and walk over to the "R' movie and hang out with the adults. You could even have two AVs full of kids with one adult then switch babysitters for second flick.
I love this guy.  :laugh:
Can anyone tell that neither Flint nor myself have any kids.  >:D

Beave and I are in for this!! YAY! So whats the dinner plan for this night...any idea yet?

Horrible Bosses and Bad Teacher get our vote. Zookeeper/Tranformers would be a 2nd choice. No go on the others for us.

Yes, I  :love: the kid idea...keep them away from me!!  >:D  :cool:  (y)

Sounds like a plan is coming together!!

I'm sure we will have some kind of dinner plans for Thursday night just don't know what yet.

That's cool. Informal is good. Just making sure I didn't miss anything. Do you have fridge/stove/etc; in the cabin??

Shels Land said:
That's cool. Informal is good. Just making sure I didn't miss anything. Do you have fridge/stove/etc; in the cabin??

Mini fridge, microwave, grill.

BigC Mich said:
Mini fridge, microwave, grill.

Maybe we could grill out??? Steaks, burgers, chicken, etc; everyone bring their own?? Or is that a plan for another night?? (Im desperately trying to get caught up on the threads, I promise!!!!)

Looks like we are up for the Zookeeper/Transformers since we have our grand daughter with us.

Shels Land said:
Maybe we could grill out??? Steaks, burgers, chicken, etc; everyone bring their own?? Or is that a plan for another night?? (Im desperately trying to get caught up on the threads, I promise!!!!)

We really only have dinner plans for 1 night.  That would be Saturday's Pig Roast at the rodeo.  Every other night is up in the air. 

BigC Mich said:
We really only have dinner plans for 1 night.  That would be Saturday's Pig Roast at the rodeo.  Every other night is up in the air. 

I'm going to love the Pig Roast BigC. (y) 

Glad to see everyone so far seems to like this idea, Chel would have went by herself if she had to. They shut down ours around here and she loved it.

Dinner doesn't matter to us much we are always BBQ'n, nor whitch movies. We did see transfmrs already though.

My fav part will be the Cruise!

GoldBowTie said:
I love this guy.  :laugh:
Can anyone tell that neither Flint nor myself have any kids.  >:D

Heck, I'd volunteer to watch people's kids at a drive-in movie if I get to watch Capt. America or Green Lantern. Wife hates those type movies so she could go watch with the grownups.  :D 

Great time at the Drive-in! A few of us ended up going Friday night. Alaska Av family, desire family, Beave and I saw Cowboys and Indians. silverrider family saw Smurfs and Zookeeper.

Thank goodness for the rental to help the old AV's out  :E:   :help:   :B:   (y)

Thanks to those of you who still carry cash...  :rolleyes:   :p

sorry bout the lawn chair, Desire, .... in my defense it was all ready broke!  I just finished it off

Back