• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Silverado towing mirrors, will they fit 06 avalanche?

jtstacy77

I found a good deal on a set of kool-vue towing mirrors.  The website states they only fit 06 silverado, but I can't see why they won't work on an avalanche?  A search on kool-vue website doesn't show any towing mirrors for the avalanche or suburban.  Am I missing something?

What years silverado do they work on.

The AV and Silverado have the same mirrors.

But it does depend on the options (puddle ligts,Led Turns,folding) so if you have those options and the new mirrors have them it should bolt on.

jtstacy77 said:
2003-2007 classic

That sounds wrong, 2007 model was the start of the GMT900

Classic was used for the Silverado/Sierra HD Crewcabs on 02 or 03 models ? They were last to model change to the GMT800 platform, pretty sure it was the '02 HDs that were Silverado classic. 

Not the Silverado they carried over the 06 model and called it a 07 Classic.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2007-chevrolet-silverado-classic-1500.htm

MS03 2500 said:
Not the Silverado they carried over the 06 model and called it a 07 Classic.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2007-chevrolet-silverado-classic-1500.htm

You're right, that was a rolling change. We built lots of '07 GMT900 while we were still building GMT800 classic. I should have remembered as that was an odd late model change. They wroked all the kinks out in Silao, MX and Ft Wayne, IN first.

The mirrors from the Silverado 1500 and 2500 the avalanche 1500 and 2500 are all interchangeable from 1999 untill 2006 the changed in 2007. However to note if buying power mirrors the wiring harness changed in 2003 so if you're looking power keep this in mind or you'll find you're self running hard lines or buying a truck mirror wire harness.

Back