• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Valentine VR1 upgrade time

ygmn

This is a Custom Title
Staff Member
Administrator
Charter Member
PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Anyone send their Valentine VR1 in for upgrades?

I have had mine now for crap... I forget... but it was the first year they made them a bit thinner...

I have always checked the upgrade thingy.;.. and decided now was the time since they have added a few things I wanted...

like the Best POP reception and sime other improvements..

so.. for those who have sent it back.. how long does it take?
Any issues? do you justy get a new one or do they actually take yours apart and replace some boards like the website says...???

Well that was easy...

Took 10 says including delivery and the weekend...
came back in my old box w/what I sent.

Upgrade is nice..

seems even more sensitive to Radar then before... (better range).

OK I gotta ask how much was the upgrade.

MS03 2500 said:
OK I gotta ask how much was the upgrade.
For mine 200 with UPS ground.

but mine was over 9 years old.

Thanks I was thinking of buying a used one.

MS03 2500 said:
Thanks I was thinking of buying a used one.
dont unless you know them personally....

If reported stolen or has damaged serial number Valentine will not help you.

@YGMN, do you have any experiences with it yet on a road where they have those traffic flow sensors that emit K band pulses to detect how heavy traffic is?  I'm considering an upgrade on mine as well but that is one of the only features mine doesn't have and I'm wondering if it's worth it.  Love talking to other Valentine owners, only they understand what I mean when I say that no other radar detector compares.

usafaCadet2010 said:
@YGMN, do you have any experiences with it yet on a road where they have those traffic flow sensors that emit K band pulses to detect how heavy traffic is?  I'm considering an upgrade on mine as well but that is one of the only features mine doesn't have and I'm wondering if it's worth it.  Love talking to other Valentine owners, only they understand what I mean when I say that no other radar detector compares.
they do not have those down here where I live....

just "smokeys" hiding with laser guns or cruising with radar on

OK I bought one and it's coming in tuesday, how do I tell what version software is on it. Do I just key in the serial  number in the valentine site. ???

if new you have the latest.

Yeah it's new, but I'm not sure how long it's been sitting on the shelf.

MS03 2500 said:
Yeah it's new, but I'm not sure how long it's been sitting on the shelf.
if you bought from website.... they onlye send out the latest when you buy.

Thanks for the info (y)

Next how to mount it stealthily, but I know there is another post about that.

It came today all I'll say is WOW

Now I have to sit down and read another manual.

Got a chance to put this v1connection on today and I must say it's working great you can remote operate the detector from your smart phone. Now to hardwire it into place somewhere.

MS03  I  HARD WIRED MY V1 TO THE MIRROR WITH A STEALTH MIRROR CORD FROM  www.safe-n-sound1.com only took about five minute to hook up they have a few cords for hard wiring  the V1 and only run about $10.00 if you are interested.

Thanks those are something to look into

Connection is out for Iphone as of July 10.
Takes a different connection thingy.... but same price...

Looks interesting but I do not have my phone where I can see it like that when driving.... so probably not much use for me...

this was definetly cool to find, a thread just for valentine. i've had mine new since 1999, came with that generation of concealed display, never upgraded it, and people giggle every time they see it, but dont understand that the 5 mile range ive gotten out of it has saved me more times than i could count. i have never gotten a speeding ticket in a vehicle with it.

i wonder how much, and how different, an upgrade would be for mine, being 15 years old...

i am definetly going to hard wire it into the mirror, if it can provide enough power. will the 2 wire adapter do what i need it to?

Not sure of the cost but I think ygmn can tell ya.

I'm very Happy Happy Happy with mine.

MS03 2500 said:
Not sure of the cost but I think ygmn can tell ya.

I'm very Happy Happy Happy with mine.

i pulled the s/n off mine and put it in on their site, they're offering to just trade mine in straight across for a new one for 280. idk if i want to do it, it has never let me down, i love it and will never own anything else. if it aint broke, dont fix it, right?

GO to VR website
Click upgrade linky thingy
Enter your serial number
IT tells you what they would add on an upgrade and how much.

Back