• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Missing avalanche

brijoha

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures for this story, but I would like to share it because it is still a "I can't believe that freakin happened" story.

So there is this river named the Canadian that runs through southern Oklahoma. Its a great place to take an atv or any four wheel drive vehicle for a little fun in the mud. Or you can be a little ballsy and take a 2 wheel drive vehicle out and try to beat the waters and make some memories. Well some times you should leave the off roading to the 4x4's, and this is one of those cases.

This was about 3 years ago. My buddy owned a 2004 z66 avy without body cladding. It was mostly stock. I believe the only thing that graced his av was black nerf bars, which he was about to trade me before this happened. It would have looked great on my black 02 z71, which I left at home this night. Well one night we were drinking a tad bit, and by a tad bit I mean we drank very heavily. We were hanging out at the river and my buddy decides that he wants to take his avy out on the mud and give it a shot. Being the great friend that I am, and with the added persuasion of JD in my corner, I said "That is such a kick a$$ idea, there's no way this could go badly." So off he goes. He takes it out there and he is giving it hell, until the rivdr bites back in muddy vengeance, and doesn't let go. He is stuck and nobody has the guts to try and pull him out. He is inebriated, and says, screw it, I'll get it tomorrow. So our DD takes us home and we go to sleep. At separate home, mind you. Anyhow. We wake up the next morning and it is raining cats and dogs out. We go to the river to get his truck and in place of his truck is about 2 feet of rushing water. I guess that the river ate his truck, or washed it away, to another state. Either way, we never found his truck. Neither did the police. So if you are ever swimming in the Canadian and happen to find a tan 04 Avalanche, Send me the nerf bars, you can keep the rest lol. Sorry that there is no pictures, It just wasn't the first thing we though about while drinking. That and I was laughing too hard so I probably would have dropped it anyways. I hope you enjoyed the story.

Anybody had any similar experiences?

HMMMM...

I, too, have a '04 Z66 WBH, and all I could think of was MY truck in that story....

A tear started to form...

lol

I laugh so hard reading this story, this is one of them stories where it is only funny if it did not happen to you.
I hope his insurance paid for it.

Back