• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2002 MBEC pinouts and their fuses?

I'm kind of limited on diagrams for the 02, but I think they are the same as the 03 -06

Attachments

• seo.GIF
    seo.GIF
    94 KB · Views: 45
MS03 2500 said:
I'm kind of limited on diagrams for the 02, but I think they are the same as the 03 -06

I appreciate the diagram but I thought the 03 and up were different. I thought the harness for the electric brakes was different as well?

So are u trying to find switched power.  ???

Fowlhunter said:
Yes, that is correct.
Thanks

I would also like to know which fuses are used and if there is any RAP locations available in the MBEC.

I found some info, I think the SEO location on the 02 is C4 and I think the pins are as follows but maybe someone can verify this?

Cavity    Wire Color    Circuit #    Function
A          ORN            2340        Hot at all times
B            ---            ---          Not used
C          BLK            2550        Ground
D          YEL            243          Hot in Accessory or Run
E          PNK            739          Hot in Run or Start
F          ORN            2240        Hot at all times

Thanks

New member & first post here...Thanks for this helpful information! I know this is reviving an old post, but I wanted to share for others what I confirmed on my 2002 Avalanche 1500 Z71 SEO Connections by testing each pin.

A - Always Hot (15A SEO underhood fuse)
B - Run/Start Hot
C - Accessory/Run Hot
D - Ground
E - Not Used
F - Always Hot (30A SEO underhood fuse)

Most of the SEO posts I have seen refer to 2003+ models.  I found my 2002 Avalanche and my 2001 Yukon XL have the same connector but a much different circuit layout than 2003+. I bought the connector plug, pins & crimper online and will be using the 15A SEO connection for a small powered Kenwood Subwoofer by changing the underhood fuse to the 10A limit of the Sub. It was a hassle to get electrical parts but will be a much cleaner install than running a wire through the firewall to the battery. I now have future access to tap power to PIN F for up to 30A fused power. :B:

Back