• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Trainfest

krazycarguy said:
Anyone from here going to trainfest??
I've been going to "TRAINHORNFEST" since the weekend!!
I have used them in 6 different states and one province in the first two days I had them!!!  >:D

What, When and Where is TrainFest??

November 10th and 11th. Wisconsin state fair grounds in Milwaukee. Its Americas largest model railroad expo. Alot of really cool stuff.

www.trainfest.com

Sounds very cool, but a bit of a drive for us.

A couple summers ago friends asked if I could take some stuff to the dump from the basement of their new place.
It ended up being 12 plywood sheets with hand made model railroad landscapes on them, very detailed, and most still with track, bridges etc, still on them, although they had just sawed thru the whole thing and ruined it. What a shame.
I looked at the layout and it appeared to be and "L" shape about 16' x 30' and 8' x 16" with different "layers" and heights.
They said it took up the majority of the basement from wall to wall. (old boyz and their toyz!)

I love the railroad. Idk, just something about trains. All that power and weight. Stats on locomotives are just amazing.

krazycarguy said:
I love the railroad. Idk, just something about trains. All that power and weight. Stats on locomotives are just amazing.
I think I see Train Horns on someones Avy in the near future!!!

You will get a taste of them at The Holiday Dinner, and you will be hooked!!!!

krazycarguy said:
November 10th and 11th. Wisconsin state fair grounds in Milwaukee. Its Americas largest model railroad expo. Alot of really cool stuff.

www.trainfest.com

Lake Express ferry service Milwaukee and Muskegon ends Nov 4th, I bet they quit last weekend. I wouldn't have got on the water when Sandy came storming across the lakes.

www.dmrrc.org/

The Detroit Model Railroad Club is in the old theater downtown Holly, Michigan
The Grand Trunk RR and Chessie System intersect a few blocks away

DouglasOak said:
I think I see Train Horns on someones Avy in the near future!!!

You will get a taste of them at The Holiday Dinner, and you will be hooked!!!!

Ive wanted an air horn system for a long time, lol.

I lived next to the RR tracks in the '60s-'70s, can't count how many times they let me ride in the engine or caboose back and forth while they shifted cars at GTW-C&O crossing. I got to sit in the engineer's seat and even operate the train!

Crews replacing the tracks lived in old passenger cars, they'd park on a side-track across from my house in the summer. They let me tour them, those were some grubby living conditions but there were 4 bars across the road.  (y) 

I was a snot nosed kid and usually as grubby as the RR workers, I love trains  :cool: 

when i was younger my parents took me to the railroad museum in baraboo WI. unfortunatly we were a week early. One of the workers felt bad and gave us a "family" tour. We puller out the hand car and went down the tracks a bit (the little car you pump to make it go). Also got drive in the speeder. We also got a tour of all the steam engines and repair facilities. Best time of my life. Ill never forget it.

We used to walk the RR tracks and mark our spot with a stone when a train came by,
it was miles seeing who could hold out the longest balancing on the track.  :laugh:

Back