• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Black Friday at Charlotte

mikeyjm1

Lets start some planing on this.
I'm in Creedmoor (not far from Raleigh/Durham area) so who wants to meet up and cruise down?
Someone whose been to this event before,  speak up on details. When do we need to be there? Anything need done before we go? Rules on equipment/ passengers? ...ect

Start a list and where you're coming from so others can group up and coordinate to arive together

:help:

mikeyjm1 said:
Lets start some planing on this.
I'm in Creedmoor (not far from Raleigh/Durham area) so who wants to meet up and cruise down?
Someone whose been to this event before,  speak up on details. When do we need to be there? Anything need done before we go? Rules on equipment/ passengers? ...ect

Start a list and where you're coming from so others can group up and coordinate to arive together

:help:

I've done it for the last three years. Two with the Av and one with the Corvette. It is an experience not to be missed.

It's open all day, pretty much til dusk. They let about 20-24 cars/trucks on the track at at a time and passengers are allowed. No helmet was needed. The only rule they have ever given is - Don't pass the pace car. So if you want to hang it out, just lay back until the pace car is down the back stretch and then stand on it.

I had the Av over 100 on the backstretch and the '00 Vette caught 130. Hoping for 140 in the '08. :drive:

And let me tell ya, that little dink between 3 and for seems like a hard left when your driving a 6000lb truck and that wall is getting awfully close...    :eek:

There will be souvenir trailers from many drivers plus the Speedway gift shop has stuff on clearance. If you spend $50 on stuff OR just donte $30 to the Speedway Children's Charity, you get a ticket to drive on the track. It's basically a liability release so if you wreck your ride the Speedway isn't responsible. There has been no tech or safety inspection. 

Then you go just through the tunnel and onto pit road and wait your turn.

I'll be there with several friends from the Corvette club and hopefully some of the Av family will join in as well.

I started this same topic yesterday without knowing about this one...

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=135942.new;topicseen#new

It has all the info included.

It is between 8am and 4pm.

I am definitely IN...we just need to set a time and meeting place so that we can all go in at the same time.  (y)

This should be fun!

Lets try to get an actual list going with names and where you're located.
I'll start and then I'll edit this to update it.

Name.                   Location.

Mike Manz             Creedmoor, NC
Chuck Glass           Monroe, NC
Jim Muller              Mineral Springs, NC

BooomerX said:
What time are y'all planning for?
Seeing as how some people may be coming from different distances, I would say around noon or 1pm would be best...but if anyone else feels another time is better, I am all ears!

I'd like to hear from Chevyguy on how bad the crowd/line gets if any and maybe what the best time of day is?

That said, I have a 2.5 hr or so drive so ill probably head out reasonably early in the morning. But I can still meet up nearer to the track with you guys that live closer.

I did this a few years ago with ChevyguyNC and a few others ... lines out side the track are not bad at all ... what we did was grab some lunch 1st and then went over to the track ....

ended up running it twice or maybe even three times ... don't really remember ... but I think the longest we waited was about 30-45 minutes .... before we ran ....

they would check your form ... then let you into the pits and line you up .... get to watch other people go and then finally you get to go ... .was a blast .... I got to where I would start in the back and then pass almost all the people on the truck ....

just don't pass the pace truck or your run, along with everyone else will come to quick end ....

check this out ... This is not me or wife filming ... this is another member filming it ....

the best is the little girl in the back .... LMAO at the wife ... "I can really smell the burnt tires!"  ..... really? .... LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7E9LnzjO6E

At 1:54 is when I go blowing by him ....  :drive:

John

I love that video....notice I asked when we could do this again (in the comments) lol

If you got to go through 2-3 times, do you have to still pay each time...or did you just pay once and they said you could come back?

ARMYtango said:
I love that video....notice I asked when we could do this again (in the comments) lol

If you got to go through 2-3 times, do you have to still pay each time...or did you just pay once and they said you could come back?

pay each time ..... and it was like $20 or $25 each time too ....

mikeyjm1 said:
I'd like to hear from Chevyguy on how bad the crowd/line gets if any and maybe what the best time of day is?

That said, I have a 2.5 hr or so drive so ill probably head out reasonably early in the morning. But I can still meet up nearer to the track with you guys that live closer.

I'm in the same boat on the drive. So when y'all set a time and place to meet I'll see what I can do as long as I don't have to cover a vacation at work that weekend.

BooomerX said:
I'm in the same boat on the drive. So when y'all set a time and place to meet I'll see what I can do as long as I don't have to cover a vacation at work that weekend.

Right now, I can meet at ANY time (I am only 30-40 minutes from the speedway), so I will let those of you with a longer drive hash it out....but I hope that you ALL can make it!  :cool:

mikeyjm1 said:

Like John said, we typically grab lunch nearby then head to the speedway.  There usually aren't any real lines.  Worst we ever waited was for two groups to go before ours. 

I've got a video taken from the passenger seat of the Vette last year but it's not the one where we hit 130...

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

Intimidatoruag said:
I did this a few years ago with ChevyguyNC and a few others ...

Intimidatoruag said:
check this out ...

Intimidatoruag said:
pay each time .....

Intimidatoruag said:
man you guys are killing me ... I so wish I could make it this year ... :(

So, um... 3 Post Rule?  You know what that means...  >:D

Back