• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Edmonton AV owners - transmission shop

muskog

I had the infamous 246 transfer case pinhole crack. The fluid leaked out and the T-case was wrecked. I do alot of my own minor maintenance; oil changes, spark plugs, u-joints, ball joints, etc; but overhauling a transfer case was beyond my skill set.

I phoned no less than 10 Edmonton area transmission shops and decided to give A & C Transmissions located on Winterburn Rd a try. They were excellent. Can do attitude, quick turn around time and when I received my invoice......35% below what they quoted!!!

Bob was particularly helpful. He explained the issue with the 246 transfer case, aluminum oil pump housing bolted to the magnesium case housing. The torque of the pump cracks the soft magnesium. They rebuild the transfer cases themselves and have them in stock. They upgrade the stock design with beefier Allison sprockets and chain as well as install a steel oil pump bracket to prevent the new transfer case from cracking. Better than new.

Here's a pic of my new/rebuilt transfer case all shiny and painted up black.

AVtransfercase.jpg

4wd works again, no more ticking/clicking or clunking. (y)

Back