• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Trucks on the track Clearwater

Ryan000014

Hey I just wanted to let people know in the tampa bay area that there is an event held at the sunshine dragstrip called trucks on the track and pretty much they have a dirt bike course and every month before they redo it they let everyone come out and drive their trucks on it to have a little offroad fun. Im pretty sure its about $10 to get in and drive on the track. Theres a facebook page with more information.

heres a link to the schedule it looks like the next event is on JAN 26th.

http://www.sunshinemotocross.com/hours-and-events/#

theres a bunch of videos on youtube if you want to see what its about

Ive been twice in the past. not too bad they have like 2 big holes and a decent track. gets pretty packed tho and I hear there is a new no cooler rule.. and no beers.. but you can purchase theres. guess its a way to stop the underage drinking.

That's true people always ruin things for others.. Idk about you but gasparilla sounds a whole lot better haha! Where in the bay do you live? Trying to maybe get a meet one day

Hey speedfreak95 I was reading in another thread that you where going to install the zone 2in body lift... did you ever get it done? I read the instructions and it seemed a little confusing maybe cause of the black and white pictures, or since the intructions were for a tahoe/suburban

I have not got the body lift yet. I want to just not enough time between work and school to get it in. Easiest way is to take off the front bumper. The pick one side and loosen each screw use a jack and maybe some two by 4s jack up the side put in new spacers tighten them down and repeat. Did it once on a buddies f150 and my brothers cj7 jeep. I've heard you need to disconnect the steering column or something with the avalanche then reattach it when done not entirely sure.. Wish I could get a day off and shoot out to Tampa and help you out haha

ya ive installed a body lift on my 02 xterra a few years ago and it wasnt to bad, but being that the avalanche weighs about 6000 lbs im a little uneasy when it comes to using 2x4's or cidner blocks to accomplish it.

deff use 2x4s. Do one side at a time and you wont have any problems  (y) i believe there is a thread with someone showing the steps of body lifting there cladded avalanche on here. I will get the kit just a lil tight on money since i have to pay for classes soon  :E:

Hey just wondering have you ever installed that zone lift? I got a little money saved up and Im thinking of finally getting one

Sounds good  (y) My tires are getting close to needing to be replaced so Im thinking the body lift might actually happen lol

20150414_074718.jpg.html

Back