• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

OK lets try this G2G 3-10-13

24duran24

PM 2013
ok  (y) so i have been playing tag with another member about a get together.
so im gonna try and start this fresh. as much as i would love to hit the trails i feel maybe we should have
a little G2G so people can meet and introduce themselves. i feel a leisure cruz down to the beach from the G2G
location,  park the trucks fancy and take some pics. i think this is a great way to meet people figure who is equipped and wants to hit trails, or people who want to just cruz. with a good enough turn out it could set up some good future G2G's.

My idea for those of us in the southern California area 

Option 1

A meet up at the Topanga mall
(talk introduce each other)

Take Topanga Canyon down to the beach
(take pictures in parking lot few miles down coast)

Option 2

Meet at the Do-It-Center of Kanan Rd.
(talk introduce each other)

Take Kanan Canyon down to zuma beach area
Good Open lot for beach pics i know down the road)

So please comment what you think send people to this forum
if we get enough people it could be really fun

if all is well and set forth fast enough i feel the day of March 10th (Sunday) around noon
could be possible

Comment opinions changes in location all welcome

I like option 1 :eek:

I'm trying to get the truck completely fixed and operational ASAP.

I have to admit I was kinda liking the Sunday option- And J-FYI there is a real nice spot to take pics right on Kanan about 3/4 of a mi. past Agoura Rd on right side. Its actually the perfect place- Bone stock trucks, and even those with Large diameter  rims can get into this big open area where it looks like your off road way up in mountains........ And those that like to play in the dirt can investigate the little "off road" trails that branch from it. *Its perfect I tell ya!*
  And for those that refuse to let dust touch their trucks at all there is Malibu Creek off Malibu Canyon Rd which is 5 min up the 101. (Its where Lost Hills Rd and Las Virgines meet and go directly to Malibu Peer) with paved parking lots- and is a Really Beautiful park with big fire pits and large trees next to the river. Stop me if you all are familiar with the area- I drive it every day- caught some huge carp and a couple bass.......
  And just as an after thought we could make a circular journey of it... Meet and take Kanan Down- Hit the different beaches Zuma and Malibu etc, take some more pics- take Malibu Canyon back up- Hit the park- grill some burgers and take some more pics and that leaves everyone right off the 101 at Las vigines... Any Takers?  (y) Vote? (n) And of course I am always open to more ideas?....

P.S. Sunday would be best, But Sat is still ok by me.....  :B:>:D

M4TT said:
I like option 1 :eek:

I'm trying to get the truck completely fixed and operational ASAP.

Hey M4tt are you still doing the keys? what project are you in the middle of? U mentioned pre-runner somewhere...... I think that was you....  Any way if your close by I could prob lend a hand after wk....
315426_3798049224282_1008060027_n.jpg
735171_4696741771034_753286596_n.jpg

(y) thats why i made the thread input and talk is best i am open for any day anytime really my cheack engine soon light came on gonna get it looked at over the weekend but other than that im glad to see that the post is being used

The truck is in the shop right now, having the U Joints changed. I found a reputable mechanic who will do it for $150 :p

I'm either going to crank the keys (some info would be appreciated) or swap them out with the F150 keys, if I can find some cheap ones. Just looking to level for now, the prerunner idea can wait.

May be getting another project car to work on...
:wave:

Ok So for those who can chill today we (23Duran23 and I) are  still going to meet off Kannan Rd. @ noon. If you want to join us plz give me a call @ 8183245534 and Ill give you the exact location..... Im thinking that the intersection of Kannan and Agoura rd has a big lot on the Kannan side...  I sure hope those that are able will come- See you all soon!
:wave:

How did it turn out? now that I'm back, I'm really hoping to get a gtg. After years of failing to organize one in Hawaii without more than three avy owners there, it would be nice to meet and greet .

(n)
How did what turn out? You mean the failed event we were trying to plan? Everyone flaked so i drove to the top of Zuma Mtn above malibu.... Turns out THAT is a beautiful HIKING TRAIL...... I got a very nice written warning from the park ranger that stopped me on my way back down..... God bless her she was really cool.

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

I tooo have been out of this for a while busy with work, but I would love to attend a GTG or cruze or something... I live in Whittier so please hit me up anytime.

Jason Garcia
(805) 896-7296
agentjeg@gmail.com

:B: :wave: (y)

Back