• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Is there a time to stop modding?

Speedfreak95

Hey guys just wondering out there is there a time when you look at your truck and stop modding? Besides the money factor, do year and miles of your truck depend on if it keeps receiving new goodies? Just wondering considering you never see the money for mods after you sell your truck.  :beating: I know alot of owners usually modify a brand new truck or one lower miles but how about after 100k?

im still modding mine at 98,000 but i also strip my vehicles of the mods when i sell it and sell them separate see more of a return that way

I bought mine with 123k on it...and I am only in the beginning stages of modding!

I plan on keeping this truck for many, many years.  If the engine goes, then I will put a new one in...and keep the modding going!  >:D

was just curious as I have a list as long as my arm for my avy. bought it with 77k and in the past 8 months put 13k on her with now 90k  :E: Love the truck plan on keeping it forever! only downside is i dont have 4x4  (n) .. sadly something nearly impossible to find in florida

If you going to keep it yes keep modding it, if you are going to sell it demod it and give them a carcass.

Because Mods do not add value to the resale value.

MS03 2500 said:
Even if you have 3 AVs.
I resemble that remark also.

Nope don't stop. Avy #1 went through a major transformation at 131k on the clock. Then again. I said I'd never get rid of this one.

Speedfreak95 said:
was just curious as I have a list as long as my arm for my avy.

That's it?   :laugh:

Trust me, you are not the only one....I swear there isn't enough paper in the world to hold the list of mods I want to do with mine! lol

I don't quit until I decide I'm going to sell it.

Now sometimes when I decide I'm going to sell it I don't actually sell it for a few months to a year, but once I decide its going to go the mods stop!

since you plan on keeping it forever, then no point in ever stopping. It's always a satisfying feeling telling or showing people something new you did, and usually be the only one around you that has an avy with that mod. My modding has not stopped on mine which is 10 yr old now, and nearly 180k miles on her. When i clean her up she still looks new, and I always have ideas for more mods, just a money factor for me that makes the simplest of mods usually a once a year thing. Maybe when she's payed off that'll change. We have a lot of avy's here around my area, and most are black cladded ones like mine, but mine is the only black one with the powerbar black and the bowtie black, with a cutom painted gears of war symbol in it. And with the amber drls, although I have seen a couple other avy's with amber drl's, one specific silver one I seen alot around here, but never had a chance to talk to the guy.

after owning many vehicles and modding them it is safe to say that the AVALANCHE is the one I am sticking with.  Everything about it is perfect.  All the mods ive done to it makes me want to keep it even more, specially when people say "WOW"
Ive been told many times that my avalanche is the best one they've seen in town.  I have also noticed my mods are starting to influence other avalanche owners, as I have seen some with very Identical mods ive done to mine and been asked many times about some of the mods.  I think Mods will never stop since something new comes out all the time. 

Re: Is there a time to stop modding? < - NEVER  >:D

Even if one day I sell my AV, the next vehicle I buy will definitely receive mods, its in our nature ;)

Back