• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Old or new EXT?

M4TT

Hey everyone,
I've been looking into the EXT Caddys- do you like the looks of the old body style or the new body style more?

:B:
Matt

I like the looks of both equally well.

The early ones, like mine, remind me of a cladded Avalanche with all of the cladding painted.

The newer models look more like a regular Avalanche but with a Cadillac front end.

Other than that, I consider the EXT's to just be an another Avalanche with a few performance tweaks and a few more shiney parts.

I would be more than happy to drive a newer or older Ava or EXT.

When I bought my EXT, I was not specifically looking for an EXT, but this one showed up at a local dealer and was priced in the range that I was hoping to spend.

I wanted something old enough that I could pay cash for it, but not so old it would be totally worn out.

I might have been able to get an Avalanche that was a year or two newer for the same price I paid for my EXT, but I do not regret purchasing this truck in the least.

Now that I have it, I am working to repair or replace anything and everything that is worn out, missing, or broken so that I will be able to drive it for as long as possible.

I could not be happier with my truck.

(y)

EXT4ME said:
I like the looks of both equally well.

The early ones, like mine, remind me of a cladded Avalanche with all of the cladding painted.

The newer models look more like a regular Avalanche but with a Cadillac front end.

Other than that, I consider the EXT's to just be an another Avalanche with a few performance tweaks and a few more shiney parts.

I would be more than happy to drive a newer or older Ava or EXT.

When I bought my EXT, I was not specifically looking for an EXT, but this one showed up at a local dealer and was priced in the range that I was hoping to spend.

I wanted something old enough that I could pay cash for it, but not so old it would be totally worn out.

I might have been able to get an Avalanche that was a year or two newer for the same price I paid for my EXT, but I do not regret purchasing this truck in the least.

Now that I have it, I am working to repair or replace anything and everything that is worn out, missing, or broken so that I will be able to drive it for as long as possible.

I could not be happier with my truck.

(y)

This.

This is exactly what I did last week. I was looking to purchase an old avalanche- around 2003 for about $7k and was having a tough time finding one. It was going to be a secondary vehicle and just a weekend truck to haul stuff from Home Depot- so high mileage didn't scare me. Instead, I found a 2005 EXT with 118k miles for $9k. That was enough for me to get it. So happy with the decision. However- if you have the funds or are buying as a primary- go with the newer one. Better safety features, engine, transmission, and interior.  Looks are always subjective- those are concrete.
Honestly though- to me, the ext and avalanche post 2007 look extremely similar.

I was looking at 2005 - 2007 Avalanche as well that I want to pay cash for.

But I got a little scared with some of the issues listed on the board about the 2007 I was leaning that direction because of the newer body style.

I really did not know too much about the EXT till I saw one at a restaurant. I found a 2004 EXT with 75K miles private sell for the right price and after driving it I was sold on it.

Scott 

Back