• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Quadrasteer Avalanche!!!

wilfongtsi

Well Ive wanted to do this for a long time now, and now its done!! My Avy is a 2005 2500 4X4 so I got an axle from an 03 qsteer burban and wiring and sensors/computers from a couple different qsteer trucks and it really was nt too bad, I seperated the wiring for the qsteer from the rest of the wiring and hooked into harnesess and spliced into wires where I needed too, but man is it cool to have it!! I wish I could post pics on here but Ive never been able too.

How the heck did you do that.     :eek: :eek: :eek:

Details and pictures.   >:D

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 441
  • pic2 (2).jpg
    pic2 (2).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 382
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 385
:eek: pic are a must >:D

Is it right that the quadrasteer option was only available on 2500 but not on 1500 Burbans or Silverados?

All the nurbans that got it were 2500's pickups were both 1500 and 2500 and ext and crew cabs. I will try and get sum pics/videos this weekend

wilfongtsi said:
All the nurbans that got it were 2500's pickups were both 1500 and 2500 and ext and crew cabs. I will try and get sum pics/videos this weekend

This weekend????? You think we can all wait that long?!?!?!?!

I warned ya wilfongtsi the club would be all over this mod.  :laugh:

wilfongtsi said:

OK, that means I've we could the rear axle of a 1500 Silverado quadrasteer it's possible to mod a 1500 Avalanche :D Cool! Unfortunately there are not many of them here in Europe :(

I looked at a 1500 Denali Quadrasteer a long time ago. Yup, they're out there.

Open a photobucket account, up load the pix and then copy/paste the IMG code into the reply box here.

Schelbi said:
OK, that means I've we could the rear axle of a 1500 Silverado quadrasteer it's possible to mod a 1500 Avalanche :D Cool! Unfortunately there are not many of them here in Europe :(

Sup dude!  :wave:  ya need to get one shipped  >:D

Easy kiddos Im workin on it!! Lol. I sent some pics to MS03 to post em for me. Yes you could get an axle out of a 1500 pickup and put it in a 1500 avy, well wait a minute didnt the 1500 avy's have coil springs in the back or were they still leaf springs? either way yes you could do it, the wiring wasnt all that bad, everything was pretty much on its own in the plugs and when there was another wire there it was the same color as what needed tapped onto it. Its just playin witht the bcm for me now, the qsteer is all working but I had to have my radio unlocked at the dealer, which was kinda a joke, cause my radio is unlocked but I lost my steering wheel controls, and at first only the front doors would unlock, but now they all do, but my rear windows arent working but Ive talked to a guy close by me that says he can do more then the dealer andget everything working again, but Im extremely happy, this thing feels so cool when you take sharp turn now!! lol

Did you put on the fender flares with the marker lights like the trucks/suburbans have.  I think they look good like that.  Saw a sierra last night with quadrasteer.

wilfongtsi said:
Easy kiddos Im workin on it!! Lol. I sent some pics to MS03 to post em for me. Yes you could get an axle out of a 1500 pickup and put it in a 1500 avy, well wait a minute didnt the 1500 avy's have coil springs in the back or were they still leaf springs? either way yes you could do it, the wiring wasnt all that bad, everything was pretty much on its own in the plugs and when there was another wire there it was the same color as what needed tapped onto it. Its just playin witht the bcm for me now, the qsteer is all working but I had to have my radio unlocked at the dealer, which was kinda a joke, cause my radio is unlocked but I lost my steering wheel controls, and at first only the front doors would unlock, but now they all do, but my rear windows arent working but Ive talked to a guy close by me that says he can do more then the dealer andget everything working again, but Im extremely happy, this thing feels so cool when you take sharp turn now!! lol

dude...you'll need to make a YouTube video of it  (y) (y)

camaroz1985 said:
Did you put on the fender flares with the marker lights like the trucks/suburbans have.  I think they look good like that.  Saw a sierra last night with quadrasteer.

its cladded.... seeing how it is a 2500 i dont think that all of that would transfer over.... maybe the lights but not the fenders

Back