• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Raffle Items discussion

Didit

SM 2017
SM 2016
SM 2015
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
If there are no objections, this is the way I propose to sell raffle tickets........

Remember there are no registration fees for this GTG soooo........

All items will be on display for inspection and drooling

Tickets will be 2 dollars apiece or 3 for five bucks, remember this is basically a fundraiser for the New Beginnings Food Pantry!

At the drawing time, it will be a blind draw, a member will draw a card with the item printed on it and then a winning ticket for that item, if a member wishes to trade or sell their prize that's their business.

Drawing will be at the dinner Sat evening as I would imagine every one going to the GTG will be in attendance.

Any questions, ideas or comments feel free

Didit

Not to muddy the waters.
But another way that gas been successful in the past was to have each item have a ballad box in front of it then you can choice where you place your tickets. That way you can at least pick which item you would like to bid on.

Hope everyone enjoys the GTG and the area that I still call home!!

Hugz said:
Not to muddy the waters.
But another way that gas been successful in the past was to have each item have a ballad box in front of it then you can choice where you place your tickets. That way you can at least pick which item you would like to bid on.

Hope everyone enjoys the GTG and the area that I still call home!!
I agree with Hugz.
This makes it a bit more complicated, but if there is an item that someone really really wants, they may buy more tickets to improve their odds of winning that particular item.

I'll buy tickets regardless, but it makes it more fun if one can decide how they want to "spend" their tickets.

Hugz said:
Not to muddy the waters.
  and GBT,

I see your point, however your not "bidding" on anything, your drawing for a raffle prize.  I know this is how it was done at the Michigan Nationals, I was amazed at how few tickets were in some cups, "just because it was a shirt" or something of that sorts, there were a lot of tickets in other cups for like the oil change etc.  This way its just pure luck of the draw, I'm thinking your gonna buy just as many tickets if NOT more to try and secure what you want, lets face it, the more you buy the better your odds, and yes you can win more than once, soo some lucky winner may actually walk out with six raffle prizes, how's YOUR luck!     More discussion please........

Troublemaker said:
I think it would be more fun to draw the winner first, and then draw the prize to see what they won!

either or, six of one half a dozen of the other, its doable though, how about the winner draw for their own raffle prize!

Didit

Didit. You are correct in the lower level prizes have less tix but the people that would enjoy them improve the odds of done thing that they want.
Have done a few raffles in the past for a charity the cups generated the best overall results
But again just my $0.05 for what's its worth.

Good luck.

We did the box in front of each item at the 2008 Nationals, and ended up winning a couple prizes that my daughter ended up putting tickets in for.  They were "smaller" prizes, but they were still prizes and we all had fun.

Ok we all know what their after, whats to stop one person, from buying 40 dollars or more worth of tickets and putting them in one cup, as I have seen done! Its a pretty good guess who the winner is gonna be, or maybe not!  It kinda sucks if you ask me.

Just my nickels worth for what its worth, lol.

Didit

True one could stuff a ballot but it is for charity right?
And yes it was done but depending on how many other people wanted the same their odds drop.

The other option not to really muddy the waters would be to give a person an option to turn down say a Tshirt that is too small and have their ticket added back into the pot??

:love: :love: not trying to confuse things just offering up ideas.  :wave: :wave:

For now I stand by the original idea, with TM's idea added, your right it is for charity and for us to have FUN, not knowing is kinda FUN in itself don't ya think!

Didit

Yeah I just read the post about "not" posting in this thread as its for the charity items.
Oops.  :E: :E:

Good discussion.  I will break all this out in a new thread so we can continue the dialog. 

The box idea is a good idea and I'm thinking we can meet in the middle

Didit, check your PM

and I will not be in the pink boa, Troublemaker :beating: :laugh:

old skool said:
Do you have to attend the event to buy raffle tickets?

If you want to win a prize you do,  but feel free to make a donation!

Loggie said:
and I will not be in the pink boa, Troublemaker :beating: :laugh:
I bet you would for the right price Especially since its for charity. Hehe
You should know better than say NOT around us by now

One more thing that occurred to me - the group dinner Saturday is in Canada.
Are you going to take all the prizes across the border?

GoldBowTie said:
One more thing that occurred to me - the group dinner Saturday is in Canada.
Are you going to take all the prizes across the border?

So if that is the case then how do the folks without passports attend?

Troublemaker said:
They can go to the dinner, they just can't come back!   Maybe we could hide them in the back of the AV!
Could just put the boa on loggie, then EVERYONE will be able to cross over.. 

Hugz said:
Could just put the boa on loggie, then EVERYONE will be able to cross over.. 

:laugh: :laugh:

Back