• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Region I 2014 Nationals Ideas

GoldBowTie

Regional Coord.
Charter Member
SM 2003
:help:

1) Would you like to host a National Event?

2) Do you think you can do it?

3) Do you know someone that can?

If you do, CAFCNA welcomes your GTG ideas.

I have started this topic for discussion of ideas to see if we can come up with a proposal.

We are aiming for July 24-27, 2014.

Please post your thoughts and ideas.

New Orleans ....

Nashville again ... missed it last time ....

Charlotte .... lots of Nascar stuff down there ...

Chicago area ...

St. Louis ...

Atlanta ....

Vegas .....

John

want to add something that ygmn said in another thread

ygmn said:
When pushing in your region... keep the discussion to places in your region....

and a little more central rather than one side of the country so it wont be just east or just west coast people there  (y)

The location of nationals is not chosen based solely on the location.
The location is determined more by the location of the person(s) willing to take on the task of hosting and coordinating the event.

If the best (or only) proposal keeps coming from the same area of the country, then Nationals will be in the same area of the country.  :cautious:

So if you want Nationals in Vegas, then find someone near Vegas to host it.
Same thing goes for Nashville, New Orleans, St. Louis, or any other location.

It's logistics.
It is easier to coordinate and plan a GTG if you are familiar with, and near to, the area.

I'm not knocking the suggested locations.
In fact, I thank you for offering the suggestions.   (y)

But we need more than a location suggestion.
We need someone to do some research on lodging options, dining options, local attractions and options for group activities in the area.

Please keep the ideas coming, but also offer highlights that make the location attractive.
Such as Nascar stuff in Charlotte.

Thanks guys.  :B:

wyotonka said:
and a little more central rather than one side of the country so it wont be just east or just west coast people there  (y)

What map are you looking at?  ???

Last time I checked, Vegas was 45 miles from the CA border.
Not really sure I'd call that centrally located.

Denver, 1400 mi. from the pacific and 1800 mi. from the Atlantic
and Kansas City, 1800 mi from the Pacific and 1400 mi. from the Atlantic would be two of the most centrally located cities

Someone posted that Lebanon KS is the "center" of the US.  I was kinda thinking along those lines, but have the GTG in Wichita KS, which is close to Lebanon, but I'm sure there is more to do in the bigger city.

There seems to be a fair number of active Michigan/Indiana/Ohio owners

Not sure what attractions there may be, but what about
Toledo, or Detroit/Windsor?

Spreading the planning across a few people may make it more palatable than having one person try to take the reigns on everything

Unless Loggie has a big driveway, then my vote is for Valdosta, GA

We just had a Michigan Nationals a couple years ago (but I missed it).  Would be nice to do it again, but I think the concept is to have it in a different location every time.  Last I recall, the idea was to have a Nationals in a different region each year, although it does seem to have been focused on the northern states (with the exception being the one in San Antonio, and possibly Pigeon Forge).

GA would be a nice place to have a GTG, but from what Loggie was saying, I think his driveway may be bigger than Valdosta itself!  LOL 

I think they are doing a "Hotlanta" GTG soon, maybe we could get ideas for a National event there as well...

I was just saying a little more central than ny by Canada like this year sorry I didn't take the time to go to google maps ...  :rolleyes:

If someone wants to lead one in West Kentucky Area I can help.

PS Michigan is in Region III

Calicak89 said:
Unless Loggie has a big driveway, then my vote is for Valdosta, GA

:laugh: There's not much to do in this town so we would have to hit Tally or Jacksonville but ya'll are all welcomed

First off I'm not trying to piss anybody off so please do not be offended.... I thought this years Nationals was a great event by the number of trucks and people that attended,as compared to previous years when there were only a few trucks. Personally I think a National type event should be held where people are willing to go and get a good turnout of trucks and people. If it happens to be in a particular region more then once should not be that big of a consideration, if that region has more active people. ..... Not trying to make anyone mad just my 2 cents...

Troublemaker said:
GA would be a nice place to have a GTG, but from what Loggie was saying, I think his driveway may be bigger than Valdosta itself!  LOL   

I think they are doing a "Hotlanta" GTG soon, maybe we could get ideas for a National event there as well...

Atlanta is a great idea... Lots of things to do there. Plus lots of AV owners nearby.

the thing is, you guys here are  Region I - Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Appalachia. The question is this:  Would you like to host a National Event somewhere in your region.  Don't worry about past nationals locations.

Loggie should they start a post in their own Region or wait for a CC or RC to start one.

MS03 2500 said:
Loggie should they start a post in their own Region or wait for a CC or RC to start one.

I have sent PMs to all the RCs.  Give them a couple of days, if not, then post away.

So...anymore movement on this for your Region

This topic kind of fizzled out.
Hopefully someone will post over the weekend.

yeah, I think there are some good options in your region for someone to be able to submit a proposal

I think Atlanta would b awesome maybe hugz n loggie could put it together. ;-)

moosc said:
I think Atlanta would b awesome maybe hugz n loggie could put it together. ;-)
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,139941.msg2031512.html#msg2031512

Back