• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

new 2013 BD avalanche owner- mod questions

jimmyhaz

Hey Everyone,
Just got my new truck. I love it. Black Diamond

Was thinking about getting this exhaust:
http://www.crazyboyauto.com/search.php?mode=1&search_query_adv="2013+Chevrolet+Avalanche 1500+5.3L"&brand=&category[]=62863&searchsubs=ON&price_from=&price_to=&featured=&shipping=

was thinking about this sub box:
http://caraudiofactory.com/20022013-chevy-avalanche-cadillac-dual-propoly-p-432.html?osCsid=1b9af444284f0e059d155129d78fac0a

Is there anything better I am missing out on?
I need the under the seat box because I am always using the foded down seats for extra bed space.

Any other things for sound I should be looking for? Are the bose speakers good?

THANKS!!!!

welcome to the club :welcome:

There are some many thing you can mod on the AV.  Just look around in the different sections and you'd be surprised what folks are doing >:D

As for the exhaust system; I'm sure you'll be happy with the rumble of Magnaflow but you might want to consider running dual out the back or side.  You'll really be grinning.  You also need to ask yourself what you want the end result to be.  DO you want to be loud and aggressive or you just looking for a little deeper sound?

As for the sub box...never heard that one but it has to be better then OEM....right >:D  Again, ask yourself what you want the end result to be.

The only issue I see with the sub box and you lowering your seats all the time, is that the seats in those photos don't lay flat, they are angled up. There are boxes slim enough that the seat will lay flat but may not have enough air space for the subs.  My sub box (custom build) is similar in height and my seats wont lay flat. I wish I would have gone with a slimmer box even if it meant sacrificing sound quality. But if you can live with the seats at that angle, I say go for it.

I have that sub box, your seats won't lay completely flat, but the sound is great. Pick you lesser of two evils.

I am not looking for an overly aggressive rumble. I don't want to be one of those motor cycle riders waking up the whole block. How loud is he dual?

Do you have a link to the dual exhaust?

As for sound. I would sacrifice quality for space.

Loggie said:
welcome to the club :welcome:

There are some many thing you can mod on the AV.  Just look around in the different sections and you'd be surprised what folks are doing >:D

As for the exhaust system; I'm sure you'll be happy with the rumble of Magnaflow but you might want to consider running dual out the back or side.  You'll really be grinning.  You also need to ask yourself what you want the end result to be.  DO you want to be loud and aggressive or you just looking for a little deeper sound?

As for the sub box...never heard that one but it has to be better then OEM....right >:D  Again, ask yourself what you want the end result to be.

jimmyhaz said:
I am not looking for an overly aggressive rumble. I don't want to be one of those motor cycle riders waking up the whole block. How loud is he dual?

Do you have a link to the dual exhaust?

As for sound. I would sacrifice quality for space.
Alphine JL Audio has a midgate available, if you want sound and still be able to sit..  You loose about a foot or so bed space, but thats much easier to take than loosing cabin space..  IMO..

corrected manufactures name.. 

Hugz said:
Alphine has a midgate available, if you want sound and still be able to sit..  You loose about a foot or so bed space, but thats much easier to take than loosing cabin space..  IMO..

Do you have a link?

I was referring to something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013N0U8K

This one has mixed reviews, there are others out there, I'm just using it to show the style allows the seats to fold fairly flat.

I looked at the J&L mid gate box when I did my audio, its a quality item, but did not like that it protrudes into the bed, and kind of defeats the purpose of having the midgate, if you need to extend the bed length and have it somewhat level.

He said it was about quality and didn't care about space hence why I said a midgate
For the few times you need the entire bed cube your likely carrying something maybe 1/1000 at best.
But the box does look pretty good.

I thought he was looking for space. I actually prefer the style of the JL midgate, sometimes wish I went with it. I didn't want to lose bed space. So I have all of my bed but I have to remove my sub box to have my seats fold flat for long trips with the dogs.

Where do you put the amp?
Right in the middle?

I like the look of that one

avalanchedriver said:
I was referring to something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013N0U8K

This one has mixed reviews, there are others out there, I'm just using it to show the style allows the seats to fold fairly flat.

I looked at the J&L mid gate box when I did my audio, its a quality item, but did not like that it protrudes into the bed, and kind of defeats the purpose of having the midgate, if you need to extend the bed length and have it somewhat level.

avalanchedriver said:
I thought he was looking for space. I actually prefer the style of the JL midgate, sometimes wish I went with it. I didn't want to lose bed space. So I have all of my bed but I have to remove my sub box to have my seats fold flat for long trips with the dogs.
Could always build a mid-deck to go over the subs.  I would think It would just have to be supported on the sides etc.  Just fold the bottoms up, and the the seat back in the natural poisiton (could secure with seatbelts) then the pups could ride in style..  Only issue is I guess if the subs were thumping hard they would be bouncing a little LOL

jimmyhaz said:
Where do you put the amp?
Right in the middle?

I like the look of that one
Definately NOT in the midle.  There is no room in there for anything but air, or maybe an LED to beat with the music.  Subs would be mounted under the seat..  Plenty of threads out there on the hows and styles etc..  Just check out the AV/Audio section.  

just ordered a corsa exhaust touring
comes in monday :)

still searching for the right sub.

I am also looking to change the wood trim out of the interior. Has anyone painted it themselves with success?
or is there a good place to order it from?

Back