• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Humility?.... Looking back, what was your most embarrassing mod.

Hanz Groober

PM 2013
As the title says. Just thought it'd be a fun one if people will fess up. :)

Last time I posted mine, it took 3 years to live it down.

Awesome! Good chit.

I don't have one on any Avy because I just haven't had the mod bug too much with the two Avys I've had(other than lift kits).... But I spent 3 months putting a wild "low rider SoCal paint job" on a lifted Shortbox Chev..... It was wild. But it was just soooooo wrong on a lifted truck..... Needless to say, it got repainted.... Have pics if you guys' are interested, but it'd take some doin'.....

Hey, we've all messed up right!?!? Lol. 3 months of my life(weekends and alot of weeknights) was a pretty major foul up tho.... Never gonna get that time back.... Hahaha.

Ok MS03 2500, against my better judgement I am going to post this, so you better fess up on yours!!! This isn't an Avy but is bad enough that it doesn't matter....

Pic 1 is what I started at....

Pic 2 is the mod I never wanna fess too.... and be careful harping on me too much! It sooooo doesn't work, but it was a ton of work!!! I get it, wrong on every level and I know it! But most have NO IDEA the effort to do something like this.... It went through the door jambs and all!!!.... But that doesn't make it any "better of a decision"..... Hahahaha.

And finally, after driving around my "bad decision" for a year, Pic 3 is what it ended up as..... Sometimes less is more. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 376
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 373
It didn't look too bad could have done without the yellow but I have seen way worse. The most embarrassing mod I have done was put the blue neon underglow on my old lifted z71 I was young and thought it was cool I blame the fast and the furious hell I even put nitrous on it.

OK actually way back in 1973 when I was in college I wrecked my corvette and could not fix it at the time and took the insurance money to put for school. I bought a White 69 VW Super beetle (POS) for 500 rust started eating at it so I painted the fenders black my father called it a Tijuana Taxi cab.

Good news was I drove it for 2 years never changed the oil or anything then sold it in 76 for 500 bucks.

MS03 2500 said:
OK actually way back in 1973 when I was in college I wrecked my corvette and could not fix it at the time and took the insurance money to put for school. I bought a White 69 VW Super beetle (POS) for 500 rust started eating at it so I painted the fenders black my father called it a Tijuana Taxi cab.

Good news was I drove it for 2 years never changed the oil or anything then sold it in 76 for 500 bucks.

Feels good to get it off your chest huh!?!? :) It did for me anyway.....

Naw I have a worst one than that LOL

We had a thread similar to this one and I posted something I did to the AV. NO I will not post a link to it but it was a mod gone bad. Real bad.  :E: :E: :E:

Awwww c'mon man! I put it all out there, and it can't be worse than mine..... Can it!?!?

All I know is, I give "Troublemaker" mad props for going first on this..... Got the ball Rollin' dude.... Hahaha.

MS03 2500, PM the link to me..... I'll keep my pie hole shut, but I gotta know!!!

This is like when your girlfriend says "we gotta talk" and allllllll day your saying to yourself "awwwww chit, is she pregnant!?!?"..... Then when you get home to "talk" its not that bad after all.....

So now that I have a pregnant Avalanche in my brain, whatever you send me won't be that bad.... So C'MON MAN!!!! :)

Ain't going to happen, I'm sure some of the older members remember it. The things you have in your mind and have a rattle can of paint, looks good in your mind but after you pull off the masking tape WTF was I thinking. :laugh:

That sucker is going to stay in the past.

^ Hahaha. Alright MS03 2500, I didn't wanna have to do this, but I just PM'd AlaskaAv..... I hope for your sake he's snowed in. And I hope for my sake he was in on this "old post" your referring to.....

(y)

I'm sure he remembers, but if he tells you I KNOW where you live AA and will track you down.  >:D

MS03 2500 said:
I'm sure he remembers, but if he tells you I KNOW where you live AA and will track you down.  >:D

Hahahaha. All I know is, I love where this thread is Headed. Lol! You guys are fun and I love CAFCNA!!!!!

LOL if you ever meet AA like I have, he is the only guy that is bigger than me and out weighs me by a few pounds.

brokenoak said:
Not on my avy but my s10. Still a mod. Put a oogaa horn and still have it

I have one on my AV  even have a button on the steering wheel just for it, its above the airhorn button

im kinda hard to embarras but I have a mod im kinda slow to install, its a school bell  12 volt and loud as all hell...... RECESS!!!!!

Was trying to change the look of my interior with those damn "carbon fiber" decals. :p
 You can see it around the heater control and to the left of them in this pix.

wasnt on the av and i mentioned it in my build thread the most embarrasing would have to be when i put "Fear This" across the front windshield of my Jeep Liberty  :beating:

and not only was it a jeep liberty it was ALL STOCK  :E: and it was on there for about 2-1/2 yrs

I got some Detroit Red Wings winged wheel logo magnetic signs to put on my old S10 for my wife...

It wasn't an intentional mod but they got sunburnt to the paint, still on there  :laugh: 

Back