• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Any Indiana Deer hunters out there?

karp

Gun Season begins this Saturday 16th. Anyone out there have any big buck pics from bow season this year? Post up your gun season harvests as the season rolls along.

I haven't had any luck during bow season so far, looking forward the gun and muzzleloader season. I'll post a pic if I'm lucky enough.......

Just drive across 64 to Ferdinand, you'll see all you want dead and alive, lol.

Didit

btw hi and welcome to the club, I forgot to say hi in the In section, I live on the southside of Indy, but I deliver down your way daily, I pass JE at least two to three times a week!

Missouri deer hunter here. I've been out bowhunting twice so far but didn't see anything close enough for a shot. Our gun season opens tomorrow also. Our alternative weapons (muzzleloader for me) season is the week before Christmas. We have a very lengthy bow season - September 15 to January 15, minus the gun seasons.

I grew up hunting out west in Utah.  I miss it!  It isn't the same here in Indiana, that's for sure...

Well I don't have a picture of a monster yet. Only a 5 pointer was harvested on our farm property so far.

Hopefully during muzzleloader season I'll come across a shooter.

Been seeing a much higher number of deer in our area this year compared to the last 5 years.  (y)

I passed on a doe and basket rack 8 pointer during the opening afternoon of our firearms season. I took a button buck for a friend the second Saturday afternoon. I'm waiting for our alternative weapons season; I will have the only food plots around by that time so I hope to see a lot more deer. Still looking for a really good rack before I shoot a buck.

Back