• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking for a Good ol' boy to do some fabricating...

cobroxatx

I have a simple design in mind for a bracket to replace my tie downs, to hold my truck bed style bike rack, but I lack the materials and know-how to do it myself.  I received a quote from a local machine shop, and well, I think I can get a better hook up from someone with a welder, some steel plate and time on their hands.

I could get fancy and try to avoid causing myself grief with the saddlebag lids that go all the way to the end of the bed, but for quick and dirty, I'd settle for something like the crude drawing shows. 

I've thought about different ways of securing my bike fork mounts, but I didn't want to drill holes in the tonneau panels or cause water leak issues clamping under the panels.  My bikes will look backwards, but that's not an issue to me.

Anyhow, feel free to PM me or post replies here I guess whether you yourself or someone you know might want to help me out.  The quote I got was $100 per side, and frankly, I don't want to pay that much for something so simple. 

Well, Hell.  I was able to post pics a few months ago, but for some reason I can't right now.  I can figure out how to get it to someone if they are really interested in helping me out.

Back