• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

STOCK THE PANTRY "CHALLENGE" sign up to win an iPod nano

Didit

SM 2017
SM 2016
SM 2015
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006

STOCK THE PANTRY

http://www.apple.com/ipod-nano/

Brand new in the box, model number MD475LL/A   16gb Pink!

OK lets try and spark a little more interest in this endeavor, we will have a drawing for an iPod nano,  for each four non parishible items you bring in, you will recieve one ticket for the drawing for this item.  For those of you coming from up north, there are plenty of grocery, discount and other stores on the way this side of the border!  Just to be fair and set some general guidelines, a box of poptarts with twelve pastries in it counts as one item, a package of toilet paper with four rolls in in it counts as one item, one box of cereal counts as one item, so on and so on, those that are in the pre-mentioned challenge, your way ahead of the game if your up to date!  So lets join in and try to make a difference in  some families lives, from our hearts to theirs!   Just to let you know, I think I have the toilet paper issue  taken care of, trying to talk the company I work for into donating several cases, as well as some other cleaning supplies etc etc, this however will not be getting a ticket for the drawing just so you know ahead of time.

So who wants to sign up and be a part of the "Stock the Pantry Challenge"

Are you next on the list????

The local Salvation Army of Jefferson County Indiana is the selected charity!
The announcement on the designated charity will be coming shortly, however in the mean time I would like to propose a challenge for "stocking the pantry" yes the charity will have a food pantry for the Madison In area,  there are 20 grocery shopping weeks untill the Nationals, each week we go to the grocery we will be purchasing something extra to put in a box in the utility room for the food pantry (actually we started early) soooo by the time we come down to Madison our box will have at least 21 non perishable items to be donated to the food pantry!   Who's with me and takes on this challenge of giving to those that need the help the most.

Didit n Lu

Butch n Joan

Goldbowtie n Toots

Enoniam n wife

Duek n Debbie

Tpicks55

Silverrider

Mark24v

I like this challenge thread.
This topic should help to remind people like me who kind of forgot about it last year.  :-[
Me and Toots will contribute.  (y)

I'm elated and saddened at the same time, our chance to make a difference and after a week of this being up here, the lack of people wanting to help in this endeavor is........................................what do I have to do, offer up a gift card to get your interest, lol.  Who's next?   

Thanks I'm sure you will but why not commit and join the challenge, lol.  If you buy something each week that costs a buck, were lookin at twenty bucks out of pocket, unfortunately I dropped way more than that in a stupid slot machine, hehehe,  you see it can be as extravagant or as minimal as you want, its the thought of giving and helping those less fortunate than ourselves that makes the difference.

Didit

Didit said:
Thanks I'm sure you will but why not commit and join the challenge, lol. 

I thought I was:

"Who's with me and takes on this challenge of giving to those that need the help the most."

I guess I'm not sure what you are challenging beyond bringing something for those that need the help the most?  ???

enoniam said:
I thought I was:

"Who's with me and takes on this challenge of giving to those that need the help the most."

I guess I'm not sure what you are challenging beyond bringing something for those that need the help the most?  ???

LOL read the first post again you nut!  If your "something" is indeed 20 or so items, then I apologize, haha

Mike

Sorry, but exactly what you were challenging us to wasn't (and still isn't) clear to me based upon what you put in the first thread beyond what I quoted two posts ago.

However, I now know what you have in mind.  I shall save a pretzel a week for the next 20 weeks!

Sheesh so simple yet so difficult, lol  for the NEXT TWENTY WEEKS, we'll be buying a something extra when we go to the  STORE, so if my math is correct that would be twenty items in the box!  So here goes Greg.........I challenge you to do the same, ugh

jomomma said:
I would say bring what you can and be thankful.

For what 20 stale pretzels, wow what lucky family will get those to munch on for supper

More than likely I will have a drawing for a gas card for those that sign up, checking my funds closely, lol

Didit

Whether it'a dare, double-dare, or a challenge, I don't think I've accepted one in many decades my friend, just as I don't respond to the Facebook posts of if you "blank" then you will repost this.  Sorry.  (And to your lovely wife whose Facebook posts I don't respond to.  :love:)

Not to mention the fact that I don't anticipate going to grocery stores on a weekly basis between now and late July.  Not my department.

However, I will make an exception since I am still quite grateful for the times you have helped me out.  (y)

But, I have a condition.  I issue a challenge to you to put your AV on the dyno - I want to see what these 2nd gens can do!

So my friend, do we have a dual-challenge deal?

Mike,

The Mrs. is giving me grief for being my usual smart-a$$ self.  :beating:  She's collecting items for the challenge so we'll be responding to your challenge in any case.  Please accept my apology for being a smart-a$$ so that the  :beating: will stop!  Please!!!

:help:

If you split the fee on the dyno, I'm up for it, no problem!  :laugh:

Didit

Didit said:

For those of you coming from up north, there are plenty of grocery, discount and other stores on the way this side of the border!  

There sure is, but we're going to try and bring stuff that you may not be able to get there!!
IE Tim Horton's Coffee,  Debbie has a list going of what we think works.

Thats awesome Allan, I just wasn't sure how the border guards look at groceries coming across, thats all!

Didit

Back