• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"Cruise from the North"

Dueck

PM 2014
PM 2013
It's probably best to keep this off the Attending List" thread. This may be a bit early but we'll see what happens.

What I can gather from the Attending List thread it looks like myself, coming from Winnipeg, Manitoba and Mark24v, from Martensville, Saskatchewan could make it work meeting up in the Wisconsin Dells area on the Wednesday, location tbd. Then Thursday morning meet up with Krazycarguy from the Milwaukee area, and cruise down to Madison, location tbd. From Wisconsin Dells area it looks like about an 8 hour drive. Head through the Chicago area, then on to Indy and south to Madison.

If there is anybody else that's interested speak up. There's a bit time yet to figure out the details.

Al "Dueck"

I'm only about 40 minutes from Wisconsin Dells, Madison, and Milwaukee. I can't go to the AV event but maybe could wish you farewell from one of your meet spots! Shoot, you guys from Canada could just stay at my place (Fox Lake, WI) for the night to cut costs if you wanted before you head to Milwaukee.

This is getting better sounds like a plan is coming together .  Thanks blu-fuz for the offer see what dueck is up for and go from there, Their is plenty of time to sort the fine details out.

We plan to leave the UP of Michigan, be in the Milwaukee area Wednesday before noon and in Indiana Thursday.  I will keep a eye on this thread

Due to recent events I wont be able to make the get together, but would love to meet up with the north group as they pass thru Chicago, perhaps meet you all for lunch wherever that may be, adding to your convoy for a few miles would be fun.

If you guys stay in the dells, are you gonna shoot 94 east to milwaukee, or take 90 south thru beloit into chitown?

Not sure yet, there is the invite to stay at blu_fuz. If we stay there then it's a no brainer. We'll be headed right past your place?? If not then mark24v and I will have to talk about it. By looking at google maps it doesn't add a lot of time to head west. I was just going to let this thread roll for a bit and see who else is in.

Well I may catch you folks at Ft Wayne ID on 69

MS03 2500 said:
Well I may catch you folks at Ft Wayne ID on 69

I'm thinking we'll be coming down on 65, might meet us in Indianapolis??

I'm waiting on a reply from Blu_fuz. But either way it looks like we'll be staying around the Wisconsin Dells area or maybe a bit east.

We're getting closer, Mark24v and myself will be meeting up in Fargo, ND the morning of the 23rd and heading to Madison, WI for the night. From there we can head east to meet up with "krazycarguy" and hopefully "mdz66" somewhere on I94/894 in the Milwaukee area. If somebody knows of a spot to meet up chime in, I've never been through Milwaukee. From there we'll get through Chicago I'm assuming on I94/294 then south on I65. If somebody has a different route or wants to meet up on the way, now is the time.   :drive:  

mark24v said:
Al that will be the 23rd not 22nd that is Tuesday . hope you booked the right day for the hotel in Madison lol

Didn't want to be late. I changed the previous post. Just checked the reservation dates and at least I got those right.

Thanks

Sounds good to me. There are a couple of park and rides in the milwaukee area. It would probably be easiest to meet up at the hales corners park and ride. Its right where 894 and 43 split on hwy 100. Ill try to post a picture so its easier for you to see.

10389976_10154148842515652_8704014875563177705_n.jpg

1533746_10154148842585652_1184033451162401853_n.jpg

The parking lot in the star of the second pic is the park and ride.

krazycarguy said:
Sounds good to me. There are a couple of park and rides in the milwaukee area. It would probably be easiest to meet up at the hales corners park and ride. Its right where 894 and 43 split on hwy 100. Ill try to post a picture so its easier for you to see.

Looks like we can access it right off 43, should be easy enough. It looks like it only about 6 hours from there, not allowing for female breaks and lunch. Hoping mdz66 chimes in and we can figure out a time.

Back