• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Dakotawilk Build thread

Dakotawilk

I am finially starting this build thread 8 months after having my Avy ill start with what I just did tonight which was add two sticky gopro mounts to my avy planned on putting it on the roll bar but it didn't stick so I put t on the metal between the the back doors and the plastic myn is a 2004 cladded charcoal avalanche I bought it with 168xxx miles and it now has about 182xxx it is the 5.3l with a 26 gallon tank got a new set of tires on it last july hancook dynapros
heres one angle

that's the one out side second mount is basically behind the rearview mirror in the cab to protect it

this shot is just so you can see the mount and it hardly obstructs any vidsion the gopro doesn't take up any more either

here are some pics from my phone of ir in place

here are some normal pics of it
well heres the photobucket all the pics
http://s911.photobucket.com/user/dakotawilk/slideshow/

keep posted for more mods coming!! have them started will update as I do it
I also apologize if I posted this in the wrong place

I believe these trucks have a 32 gallon tank in them.. The 2500's I believe have 40 but use a second tank to make up the other 8. I have put over 30 gallons into my Av and it is a 2003.

Dakotawilk said:
here are some normal pics of it
well heres the photobucket all the pics
http://s911.photobucket.com/user/dakotawilk/slideshow/

keep posted for more mods coming!! have them started will update as I do it
I also apologize if I posted this in the wrong place

What is the thing in front of your grille? or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

redheadedrod said:
I believe these trucks have a 32 gallon tank in them.. The 2500's I believe have 40 but use a second tank to make up the other 8. I have put over 30 gallons into my Av and it is a 2003.
The 2500 have 37.5 gallons.  (y)

tay0016 said:
What is the thing in front of your grille? or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?
its a cover to keep cold external air from entering the radiator, engine compartment, ect... during the winter seasons. at least that's what I'd bet its for :p

yes the plastic on the front it the acrylic I cut on the laser I drive 30.5 miles on the highway and couldnt get it warmed up so I did that looked better than cardboard  :D and if you look the bottom has avalamche engraved on it

the gopro mount I wanted to get cool angles I went fourwheeling yesterday have video for the whole day have to edit it still
fatkrak said:
That's a good looking avalanche bud! (y)
THANKS!
redheadedrod said:
im not for certain on the gas tank size I know when it was real empty and I filled it clear up it was like 25 gallons

redheadedrod said:

to be technical its 31.5

I have to laugh at the Hondas and small cars its like they roll away with a max of 40 in there and go man that would be nice but then think and go hmm ever tangle with them we know which car would win and which car would not get stuck in the snow

redheadedrod said:
Yep I got a 31.5 gallon tank as well.

Dakotawilk said:
im not for certain on the gas tank size I know when it was real empty and I filled it clear up it was like 25 gallons

Check these forums.
There are numerous issues reported with the fuel vent valve ...... I think that's what it is called.
Either your tank is not completely empty when you think it is or the vent is gone or going bad.
Other signs of a bad vent would be constant shutting off at the pump as well.
Luckily you are not at that stage yet but there are some folks who would put less than 5 gallons in at the pump and it'll shut off immediately.
That can be extremely annoying as in some circumstances it can take over 10 minutes just to fill up and you don't want to be doing that when it is cold outside.

Dluvr22 said:
That can be extremely annoying as in some circumstance it can take over 10 minutes just to fill up
you guys must have fast pumps.... pretty sure it takes me all of if not more than 10 min to fill  :E:

takes me about that long, depends whether or not I go in to get snacks  >:D  also wyo, during the winter with the cold it would be harder, summer though you just got slow pumps bud hahaha

In that case you'll be looking at 20 minutes or more at your pumps Wyotonka. :laugh:
I may be cutting it short but I don't think I spend a full 10 minutes just pumping gas but I do spend that much time if I have to wait in line for the guys and gals in the Civics before me.

mine is doing that i couldnt figure out what is was so how do you replace that off the top of your head is there a thread on that?

Dakotawilk said:
mine is doing that i couldnt figure out what is was so how do you replace that off the top of your head is there a thread on that?

LOL. you never know you have a problem until you post things here innocently.
Easy fix and cheap too so at least it won't break the bank
I think the part is like $30 o so.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,130746.msg1944598.html#msg1944598

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=15;action=display;threadid=4553;start=msg65336#msg65336

THANKS! for the help
NEW UPDATE!
so I love plasti dip my mom thinks im addicted and says I need a support groupd told one of my friends to be in it ha all joking but now hes getting addicted anyway my passenger side mirror I scratched one daypulling into the garage and it looked like the first pic I hate that white line and had some plasti dip and some time to burn after washing the avy just a quick rinse off because its gona get muddy tomorrow anyway so I dipped those and then I dipped these front parts wondering what it would look like I want todo my power bar but didn't think I had enough dip also theres a pic of my dash panel I was gona dip the black parts but figured that didn't make much sence so i decided to wait till i get some blue dip

Dash

final product

wanted to c what this would look like

Back