• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"your truck couldnt do it"

Dakotawilk

So I guess third time is the charm
I was at orilieys today and I ran this trail last Saturday called slaughter house and saw a guy with a lifted Cherokee and a highcountry 4x4 sticker on it so I asked him what trails he had ran and if he knew what slaughter house was and has he done it? he said no I haven't done slaughter house I did a trail easier than that and your truck couldn't do it so theres no way it could do slaughter house I said well I have done slaughter house I did it last Saturday he said what!?!? and I said yup not hard there was a drop down that I had to take a bypass on but that was it and that is the third time I have been told that 2 other times so I keep running trails and proving to people I can do it but I would like to hear your stories on what you have done

Dakotawilk said:
So I guess third time is the charm
I was at orilieys today and I ran this trail last Saturday called slaughter house and saw a guy with a lifted Cherokee and a highcountry 4x4 sticker on it so I asked him what trails he had ran and if he knew what slaughter house was and has he done it? he said no I haven't done slaughter house I did a trail easier than that and your truck couldn't do it so theres no way it could do slaughter house I said well I have done slaughter house I did it last Saturday he said what!?!? and I said yup not hard there was a drop down that I had to take a bypass on but that was it and that is the third time I have been told that 2 other times so I keep running trails and proving to people I can do it but I would like to hear your stories on what you have done

Sounds like me and a couple buddies of mine hahaha. At their highschool about 30 mins away, under their bleachers (dont ask me why), when it rains it gets really muddy under there. Really soft and holds water. My two buddies that were there with me drive the following

2011 toyota tacoma sr5
2wd
v6
leveling kit
33 all terrains

1994 chevy stepside z71
4x4
6 inch lift
new trans
35 mud tires

Mine is a 2009 av
2wd
5.3 with tune
4 inch lift
33 all terrains

Mine outweighs the chevy by about 1000 pounds or so maybe. and the taco is even lighter.

Taco goes from dead stop about 15 feet away- floors it, gets halfway through barely and tires get caked. and the chevy pulled him out

Chevy goes through with little difficulty- same thing, 15 feet away, floors it, all the way through

Since mine is heavier and I baby it, they both think that I cant do it

Your truck cant do that

So I show them
15 feet away
floor it
tires hook up immediately and I threw a lot and went right where the chevy did
made it through just fine

made their jaws drop to the floor and they shut up about my truck not being off road worthy since then hahaha

we went and ran that trail I was talking about It was dark or I would have taken pics I gotta go do it again to take pics but my friend drive a grand Cherokee 02-05 range 4'' lift and 285 I think and he never raged on me all that bad but he was very impressed with what all it could do and how well it did I think stock with his jeep we could have compeated for the most part I got another friend with a stock one like his ill have to get him to come up and we will find out but I had a back tire off the ground twice over some rocks now my friend with a taco that's so old it was before the had a name for it it was the To?ota pickup and he put a roll cage on it might have a little lift but he wont let it go im dieing todo a pull off and wipe the parking lot or wherever with his A$$ and then beat him going through mud and mine is totally stock but I have to get a new tire I split it yesterday  :E:

Back