• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking for previous owner of this 02 with 43k miles

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
I found this Gem online this evening and was wondering if anyone knew who it had previously belonged to. It is at Denooyner Chevrolet in Colonie NY It has ambers. It has retrofitted projectors, a cubby cam and a flip out screen.. Oh yeah, and 43k original miles. If it was a club member, I am sure someone would remember them. I'm gonna contact the dealer tomorrow to see if they will come off of the steep asking price, clean retail with 43k is only $12,700. I would drive up tomorrow if I could get it for a good deal.. I was just seeing if anyone might know who it use to belong to.

Thanks

Ian

Attachments

• 3gnek13t42g329821-1.jpg
    3gnek13t42g329821-1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 138
I'm not sure that is a 2002.

The cladding is wrong color - but it could have been painted.
The grill mesh is wrong color - again, it could have been painted or has an overlay.
The OnStar antenna looks newer than 2002.
C-pillar has some logo - Northface?
Northface was only C-pillar logo available in 2002, but something else could have been added.
The luggage rack looks like 2002.
I can't tell if the wheel center caps have the "Chevrolet Trucks" writing was that was removed sometime in 2003.
The cubby cam would be where the OnStar controls were in 2002.

It looks good.
Let us know what you find.  (y)

No badges on the c-pillar, just a reflection.
Did the '02 come with a tranny temp gauge?

Vin does indeed indicate an 02 but you're right about that cladding being too dark.

here's the ad.
http://www.denooyerchevrolet.com/used-Albany-2002-Chevrolet-Avalanche+1500-Base-3GNEK13T42G329821

aha, here's a pix from the ad. Look at the cladding at the back end of the saddlebag lid. It's either been gatorbacked or painted.

Attachments

• 3gnek13t42g329821-5.jpg
    3gnek13t42g329821-5.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 128
It's definitely an '02.  It has the bow tie in the seat backs.  Looks like a sweet ride.

Tranny temp gage was only w/ 2500 in 2002 unless you MODDED it by swapping.

Which it looks like this one was.
SO I would be carefull on mileage as who knows if owner swapped out correctly and put sticker in door to note when it was changed or had proper miles uploaded to new.

Yeah that cladding is coated with something to make it DARKER...
must be pictures...??

100 MPH speedo is 2002.
ygmn is correct about the tranny temp gauge.
The mileage could be off.

Agreed the mileage could be off.  There is a Carfax report on the site.  Looking at the Carfax, based upon annual NY inspection reports, it looks like the mileage could be legit.

I would be cautious about possible flood vehicle being in NY.......Have read of a lot of flood vehicles that don't get reported to Carfax or other sites.

The cladding has definitely been gator backed at one point in time. The texture is too smooth for Krylon. Unless it was professionally painted. The interior is most definitely an 02. And the vin and car fax checks out. It has been in a small collision with a deer, but so wasn't the 02 before we got rid of it. Lol. I judged by the condition and tasteful mods that it was a club member. Not everyone knew about the cubby cam and there aren't a lot of them around anymore. They would need to come off the price before I would trek all the way up there to get it. But hey, a guy can dream right?  :laugh:

The most obvious would be the amber DRL mod.
This way another member can easily identify you driving down the road.

Some members including me mod the DRLs to stay on all the time.
This one probably isn't modded that way.

By default however the DRLs only come on when the truck is running and the gear selector is in one of the drive gears and the headlights are off.
In this case the truck is indoors and I am assuming obviously not in drive and the headlights are on so the DRL located in the front bumper are turned off.

Another thing to note is that the 02 AV 1500s did not come with a trans temp gauge or the " CubbyCam" rearview camera in the pics.
Those were both mods started by people on this site so chances are that the previous owner at one point may have at least browsed through here to get some info on getting it done.

:welcome: to the forums now go outside and mod your DRLs.

I can't say I've ever seen that one before, I'm up in Albany all the time. Nice looking 02, with only 43k it must've been garaged a lot. Wonder what the under carriage looks like, given that it's an 02.

james21 said:
I can't say I've ever seen that one before, I'm up in Albany all the time. Nice looking 02, with only 43k it must've been garaged a lot. Wonder what the under carriage looks like, given that it's an 02.

I am curious as well. The dealer would not budge on the price, so I haven't really thought much more about it. It looks well taken care of but I would like tos ee the undercarriage too, just to see how well it has actually been treated.

If I'm up that way, I'll swing by and check it out

Just saw this thread as I haven’t been on the forum in ages obviously. Hopefully the current owner will see this. This was my Avalanche. It is definitely a 2002 with the mods previously mentioned, and those were the original miles. I had recently put new BFG’s on it also. The grill was replaced by me after a deer took it out but the cladding was Gatorbacked by DeNooyer albeit the darker 2003+ color by mistake (that’s a story!). All the mods were done by me and I think I still have all the original parts except the exhaust (I put a GM Performance aka Borla cat back on it). I have the original gauge cluster and the original radio w/cd player and the cassette player that mounted in the cubby on the center console. I replaced it with a Pioneer navigation system.
I had come across some old files and found the vin number so I googled it and this thread was the first thing that came up. If the current owner sees this feel free to reach out to me with any questions or if you are looking for any of the parts!

Last edited:
Just saw this thread as I haven’t been on the forum in ages obviously. Hopefully the current owner will see this. This was my Avalanche. It is definitely a 2002 with the mods previously mentioned, and those were the original miles. I had recently put new BFG’s on it also. The grill was replaced by me after a deer took it out but the cladding was Gatorbacked by DeNooyer albeit the darker 2003+ color by mistake (that’s a story!). All the mods were done by me and I think I still have all the original parts except the exhaust (I put a GM Performance aka Borla cat back on it). I have the original gauge cluster and the original radio w/cd player and the cassette player that mounted in the cubby on the center console. I replaced it with a Pioneer navigation system.
I had come across some old files and found the vin number so I googled it and this thread was the first thing that came up. If the current owner sees this feel free to reach out to me with any questions or if you are looking for any of the parts!
Wow! This thread is almost 10 years old now. I wish I could've picked this baby up way back then, but things were definitely not stable enough to justify it at the time.

I just wonder where she ended up?

I did a free vin check and a title was issued in November of 2019 in Michigan. Report said it had 87,900 miles. I was hoping it was local as I would have like to see how it has fared over the years.

I did a free vin check and a title was issued in November of 2019 in Michigan. Report said it had 87,900 miles. I was hoping it was local as I would have like to see how it has fared over the years.
I can only hope that it’s still fairing well!

Back