• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mods to do at the 2014 Worldwide Chevy Avalanche Get Together

Dluvr22

PM 2014
PM 2013
Hey
What is a GTG without mods?
I thought mods were a part of the tradition?

We don't have a thread for mods that could get done at the GTG so I thought I'd make one.
Maybe depending on how many mod ideas are out there we can get the coordinators to squeeze it in the schedule.

I'll start with 2 simple ones.

Amber DRLs.
I'm not sure but maybe there are members on the attending list who haven't gotten around to swapping in amber DRLs.
We'll need to remedy that

Sail Panel LEDs
I'm getting mine redone before the Nationals but if anyone needs help they can get the parts and I'll bring my soldering iron along...

Any others?

It may take to long but I would love to get my taillights tinted with NightShades.........if course I would want to put some FLAMES into the tint. I have good ideas but maybe not the skills to lay out good flames that will go with what is on my Avalanche now. If anyone has experience with both flames and using NightShades and is willing to help speak up please.

My brake calipers have been painted for nearly 10 years now and could use a fresh coat of paint.  Anyone else interested in painting calipers???

If we can make it, which I hope to, I'd like to:

• Add LED bed and saddle bag lights (No idea what parts to buy)
  • Figure out and fix where the bed is leaking - I realize this isn't a mod but some of your seasoned Avy owners might be able to help me out
  • Swap out my dash and steering wheel lights for orange (I love the orange on my BMW and also on Pontiacs) - Again, I don't know what parts to buy
  • Upgrade all interior lighting to LED - (Parts???)

I'm going for Full time Ambers and Fogs on High for the 2013. That's all I have on my list for now.

4x4dreamer said:
I'm going for Full time Ambers and Fogs on High for the 2013. That's all I have on my list for now.
I'd be up for this too.  Is there a list of what I'll need to be able to do this?

Also, I haven't done my ambers yet, so that's a must.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,141091.0.html for the 2013 I have. ;)

Thanks!

CntrySngr72 said:
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,141091.0.html for the 2013 I have. ;)

Thanks!
DOH!  Sorry, didn't check the year of your AVY.

CntrySngr72 said:
I'd be up for this too.  Is there a list of what I'll need to be able to do this?

Also, I haven't done my ambers yet, so that's a must.

I'm going to sweet talk DouglasOak into lending a hand, since he did a great write up for the 07+. Its the diode method like on previous years, but a heavier duty diode. He had a write up and parts list on here. I've also got enough festoon LED's to swap another full set of interior lights in an 07+ if anyone is interested in that. I also have a few led 194's left over too I believe. I'm currently searching hard for a full set of AVALANCHE overlays for the cladding on the 02-06 and the black CHEVROLET overlay for the tailgate. I bought them right before we traded for the 13 and they've been "misplaced" somewhere  :needhug: if I find them I'm donating them to the raffle/giveaway.

Any other common mods for the 07+ that I'm missing  ??? It's been so long since I've actually modded a truck. The 02 has been gone 16+ months and I've had an mod itch that I can't quite scratch with the 13

What color are the 194s?  I think my side markers are out.  I'll buy them from you.

Anyone interested in a K&N air intake kit?
I have an extra one as another user sold me one for the second gen Avy....I have an 02.

I'll look at the part number when I get home and post  it here.
I may have some other parts for a little swap meet if I look around my garage.
I can think of 1 1/2 " rear spring spacers and probably my factory side steps. Alas the side steps may be too long for me to want to drag along to Madison.

Dluvr22 said:
Alas the side steps may be too long for me to want to drag along to Madison.

I brought a set of 02 factory steps home from Atlanta. They fit inside the bed perfectly, corner to corner.  (y)

DouglasOak said:
I brought a set of 02 factory steps home from Atlanta. They fit inside the bed perfectly, corner to corner.  (y)

Interesting, my stock 05 chrome tube steps wouldn't fit in my 08, even crossing them to opposite corners

Dluvr22 said:
Anyone interested in a K&N air intake kit?
I have an extra one as another user sold me one for the second gen Avy....I have an 02.

I'll look at the part number when I get home and post  it here.
I may have some other parts for a little swap meet if I look around my garage.
I can think of 1 1/2 " rear spring spacers and probably my factory side steps. Alas the side steps may be too long for me to want to drag along to Madison.
What year is it for, then?

Hope everyone brings their tools and parts because I don't have room for my mod box, just got done loading it and its STUFFED!

Didit

Funny how that happens Didit, throw in a set of golf clubs and half the bed is filled.

I am hoping we can get everything in ours! I was going to start loading today but as hot as it is I know I will need to move stuff around so i will just wait till morning........

I came across my LED light bars looking for my Maglite clips...so I may have this mod to attempt on my 2013!  (I hope we have a genius electrical modder at nationals!)

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,102769.0.html

Also, I need some of that 3M double stick tape...anyone have some, or do I need to get some while picking up my 4157's?

enoniam said:
I have some - how much do you need?
Not much.  My Fire&Ice bar needs to be re-applied.  I had taken it off of my last AV when I traded up and the tape didn't last.

I may need to get some to attach the side lights if we get to that mod, but then I'll buy some because that might take a bit.

CntrySngr72 said:
I came across my LED light bars looking for my Maglite clips...so I may have this mod to attempt on my 2013!  (I hope we have a genius electrical modder at nationals!)

I won't be in until Friday night, but between MS03, DouglasOak and myself we have the electric system pretty much licked. I'm sure there are others that I don't know personally that have a handle on it as well.
These bars shouldn't pose too much difficulty.

Back