• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bear Mtn. Cruise Night, Wed. 8/27

Roody650iAvy

OK, for real this time!  Praying for sun...or at least clouds...as long as there's no rain

Date: Wednesday, August 27th

Hoping to assemble a large pre-show crew to do photos, meet/greet, and some cruising on the great roads I know in the area  (y)

I'll be meeting some guys from the Challenger forum, but would still like to meet some CAFCNA members as well  (y)

Cheers,
Roody

Long range forecast shows rain for next Wed.

james21 said:
Long range forecast shows rain for next Wed.

Long range forecast will show rain for every time there's a car show at Bear Mtn.  :E:

27th is in 2 Wednesdays BTW

You didn't have the date posted when I said that.

So where's the meet up place? How about we meet at Rocky's Deli (y).

Mmmmm gotta love Rockys!  Only thing is a) it can be packed beyond parking lot limit, and b) I was hoping to meet somewhere a little more scenic and with some better driving roads to hit on the way over to the show  (y)

There was a long curvy road that I took on my first trip down to the powdercoater, it started going across the Bear Mtn bridge and then taking a right heading south, that was a decent road.

You mean east of the Hudson?  That's probably the Bear Mtn. Toll Road you're thinking of, amazing drive but usually too crowded to have any fun, other than taking in the sights

True

I guess we just got to keep our fingers crossed, just looked at the forecast,  :E: I really hate rain!

Haha, figures, looks like it'll be rainy and hot.  If there's any solid chance of rain they'll cancel the show.  To be continued...

I figured this was the last one of the summer

Nope, I think they posted something on their Facebook page about Sept. 10th being the tentative season ender

Forecast now says sun and 90*. So I think it'll be a go, I'll probably meet you guys somewhere closer to there or at the park entrance, cause I was planing to stop by Prodigy to have the guy take a look at a couple parts on my AV to be PC.

Yeah, gonna be hot but as long as it happens it's fine with me.  I gotta think about a meetup spot.  Trying to coordinate with the guys from the Challenger forum and non-forum friends as well.  Will keep you posted.

thats right near rt 6 that goes up to the bridge, though you said you didnt want to take that road

Still contemplating the route.  Might go north on 9 from there to 403 to 9D and come into the bridge from the north.  It's a nice drive and would bypass some traffic...

Will be there tomorrow, have to talk with the powdercoater this time, and forgot to pick up my Pic that was taken when I rolled in.

I'm mainly going to get my picture, that I didn't get last week, I may go for a couple hrs, but its pretty hot, so not planning to stay long.

Seemed bigger than last week, more cars on the main field for sure. Also there were a lot of exotics this time: 4 Ferraris two Spyders, different owners but looked like twins, one Maranello; 2 Lamborghinis one SV and one brand new, not even sure what it was (will post some pics though); 6-8 Porsches, 911 turbos, Carreras, and two 1957 Speedsters, but they were down on the main field; 1 Aston Martin DB7, and a lone Ford GT. They must've all been part of a club (the two exceptions being the '57 Porsches), cause most rolled in together, and they were all up on top of the hill.

Sounds about right, there wasn't any chance of rain, and it was a little more mild than last week

Also seemed like the sun set earlier than last week.

Back