• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

09chevyavy Build Thread

09chevyavy

Okay so I decided to finally make a build thread and we can all thank Dakotawilk for poking and prodding me into it. I do not have access to my photos of it right now, but I will post them all tonight after work while I am doing homework. Hope everybody enjoys!

Here are the stock specs on my AV

2009 Chevy Av
LT 4x2
Black on black
3.08 rear gears
Towing package
LMG 5.3 flex fuel engine
Black cloth interior
Standard radio
power and heated side mirrors
17" factory rims
265/70/17 goodyears
backup cam and sensors

I do not have pictures of every mod I have done but I will do my best to get everything I can in here on this thread

Photobucket works best that I have found... Then you just use the IMG tag. They have mobile friendly apps too  (y)

Definitely need to get the mobile one then cuz all my pics are on my phone and its a pain to switch them over.
so the IMG tag huh?
this one?

09chevyavy said:
Definitely need to get the mobile one then cuz all my pics are on my phone and its a pain to switch them over.
so the IMG tag huh?
this one?
I can't see the picture....? But I upload all of my pics through the app and that or on my iPad

Thats what I am gonna do. I dont have very many pictures of the beginning. But here is what I have done right now as a full detailed list

2009 Chevy Avalanche 4x2 LT

Perfomance-
Custom Diablosport tune
Flowmaster 40 series with dual turn downs

Interior-
Ducks Unlimited camo floor mats
Ducks Unlimited camo steering wheel cover
LED dome lights
Painted burlwood
Electronic Trailer Brake controller

Suspension-
Supreme Suspension 4" front 2" rear lift kit

Wheels and Tires-
Stock 17x8 rims
295/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
2" BORA wheel spacers

Exterior-
LED cube flood pattern fog lights
Custom DSP headlights
      6k 55 watt low beam HIDs
      LED cube spot pattern high beams
      Amber DRL
      Amber DRL strip
      Painted gloss black housings
DSP raptor grill kit
Front grill and chrome trim painted gloss black
Front valence removed
Front wheel wells trimmed
Factory steps removed
Demolded
Debadged
HD towing mirrors
Painted bed cladding
Tinted tail lights
LED projector backup lights
Tailgate bowtie painted gloss black
DSP LED tailgate bar

Electrical-
FTDRL
FTFOG
DRL by FOG mod
      I am pretty sure I am the first to do this. Basically this allows me to turn all my lights off and press the fog light button and then I can still have my DRL and all my amber lights on

That is a list of the things on here so far.

Next upgrades include-
Strobe control box so I can strobe my cubes
New rims
Color match towing mirrors
Custom a pillar cube brackets with 4 cubes on each bracket
      Basically the brackets will be a single piece that will bolt under the door weather stripping so the door will still close.
      Then I will install 4 cubes on each bracket with 2 spot and 2 flood patterns on each side
Custom front and rear steel bumpers with more lights on them
Custom roof rack
Custom grill
Dual batteries
Upgraded alternator
Big 3 upgrade
TONS of more lights
Katskin Leather interior
New Audio system

Later on will be some super crazy stuff but here is my current list. It may not all happen in this order either. It just depends on what happens

Here are some pictures if I do this right

37D37320-837D-46F8-BB24-647C38BCD032_zpsi0udukcr.jpg

2270FB74-5229-4841-8414-BCBB88B57B8C_zpsf3gjpq4s.jpg

B86DDCFF-3320-411F-93C8-244A34BF09DD_zpsmdblcfas.jpg

EA7810D3-4C4B-4046-8FF6-2DB911116A40_zpsnwgtfiyt.jpg

The big blue f250 is my buddies truck and I hooked up and did his lights this weekend. Halos and 8 inch light bars are inside the lights and the housings have beein hydrodipped in a carbon fiber pattern. Lights are hooked up to strobe boxes. 30 inches of lift. 7.3 diesel motor. 54 inch tires. 20 inch rims. 6.2 mpg. Yes it is road driven and he drives it almost everyday.

Here is a better picture of the lights I did
6E19A411-DCED-47CA-ADC1-84BF05E7974A_zpsyooj45vj.jpg

I don't even know how to reply to all of that that's Alotta cool stuff and I didn't even know they sell 54" tires!?!?!? :laugh: :laugh:

:eek: how does he get into that thing.  Does a fire escape rope ladder fall out when he opens the door?

frito said:
:eek: how does he get into that thing.  Does a fire escape rope ladder fall out when he opens the door?

No haha. I get in it all the time with him. And hes only about 5 foot 6 inches. He grabs onto the little door pocket and steps on the tire and pushes up on the door sill and puts his foot up and then gets in

Its really not all that bad to get in.

09chevyavy said:
No haha. I get in it all the time with him. And hes only about 5 foot 6 inches. He grabs onto the little door pocket and steps on the tire and pushes up on the door sill and puts his foot up and then gets in

Its really not all that bad to get in.
I sooo thought a jet pack was required

Truck and lights look great.  That Ford though...I can respect it but...it just gets to a point when "too much" becomes a question of safety  ???

Roody650iAvy said:
Truck and lights look great.  That Ford though...I can respect it but...it just gets to a point when "too much" becomes a question of safety  ???

It rides like a tractor haha. Makes it nice though because down here in another kind of sub city I guess you could call it, in carencro it floods really bad and one time last year it flooded in one particular area that goes to his moms house over 5 feet. The water was to the bottom of the doors and we were able to get to his moms house to make sure she was safe simply because his truck was that big

Havent updated in a while. Plans have changed. I will be holding off on the rims. I will be modding the exhaust next and then will begin saving to build the bumpers and roof rack.

I will be cutting off my current exhaust which is a 3 inch inlet and dual 2.5 inch outlet flowmaster original 40 series with turn downs.

Gonna be cutting it off and running 3 inch pipe all the back and over the axle and then building a custom octagon exhaust tip that is 7 inches wide. It will be straight piped and have a completely custom look compared to any avalanche out there.

As an update, I have just been taking care of the ole girl lately. Trying not to burn as much gas hahaha. Have been washing and waxing it on an almost weekly basis. Cleaning the inside as well.

Alright well here is an update yall.

Got a new set of 295/70R17 Terra grapplers this summer in late august.

Last night I was driving and the sidewall got cut on something in the road. Tread is fine, just cut the sidewall.

Not sure what it is, but since it is the sidewall, not covered under warranty. There goes $300 for a new one. Gonna be driving the 2014 Impala til shes on all 4 feet again and not a crutch. Here are some pics

Cut is all the way through the sidewall

photo11_zps6b94d1d7.jpg

photo21_zps2906483d.jpg

That happened to me last year too I took it back to the place I was like look this is what happened I don't have the road warenty and they gave me a new tire for like $60

But its all good. Your cubes will be there by friday. Which is also when I will get the truck back right again  (y) (y) (y)

Then gonna be hanging out this weekend and gonna hit the trails prolly. I will post pictures that I took after school monday here soon

Back