• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking for info. & pic's on Dual Batterys setup?

BLT Offroad Avalanche

tray.JPG
batteryswitch.JPG

I have since replaced the isolator with a continuous duty solenoid after one of the diodes in the isolator failed.

Wrangler 2000 GM Dual Battery Install

Dakotawilk said:
Hey I went to the link and checked out that awesome build dude!!! Did you start running a bigger alternator?
Yes. I am running a 250 amp alternator. Purchased from rightoolusa.com. First one arrived with the wrong regulator. Once we got that straightened out it was great :)

HenryJ said:
Yes. I am running a 250 amp alternator. Purchased from rightoolusa.com. First one arrived with the wrong regulator. Once we got that straightened out it was great :)
Ok awesome! I think mine might be going soon and when it does I'll just get a bigger one and run two battery's. Also I replaced my sparkplugs and now it misfires any idea why? I tried replacing plugs and I went back and checked all my gaps and made sure they were tight. Also tried replacing wires but no luck.

What plugs did you use? I have had bad luck with several. I like the Autolite XP iridium plugs. Good bang for the buck and a great plug.

HenryJ said:
What plugs did you use? I have had bad luck with several. I like the Autolite XP iridium plugs. Good bang for the buck and a great plug.
I used AC delco's and dropped the truck off tonight at a mechanic so it can get diagnosed in the morning.  Hopefully pick it up at lunch.

Back