• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone else heard anything about this? 2016 Cadillac Escalade EXT pickup return?

JohnnyQuest

I bought the 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche, which I really enjoy.  I was disappointed, however, in that it was not made available in a "Black Diamond" paint job, which was available previously and still is on Cadillacs. 

Anyhow, being ever-hopeful GM will bring back the Avalanche, I also try to keep up with the Cadillac EXT pickup news as well (the reason I didn't go that route is because Cadillac, in their infinite stupidity, did not make it available with the 5.3L engine the Avalanche uses - you could only get it in the gas hog 6.2L version).

I ran across the following article and wanted to know if anyone else had heard this:
2016 Cadillac Escalade EXT is coming back
http://besttrucks2016.com/2016-cadillac-escalade-ext/

That article didn't cite a single source or verifiable piece of data. It just said 'latest information tells us...'. The April fools joke was more believable.

For what it's worth, I hope my next truck is an EXT in the 2020 time-frame.

The above article seems rough on grammar too (not sure if it's a foreign translation issue?).
I thought the 2013 AV did come in a black paint? My dealership salesman said he thought they only came in black as a black diamond edition, I had to inform him of the other colors........
It's been awhile since I shopped the Cadillac lots but most of the ones I saw were AWD so I would want the larger motor to push the heavier Cadillac around in AWD all the time. I would have guessed a 5.3 in a Cadillac would have been strained and really drink gas. Just my .02 though.
If you look at many threads on this site you will see many AV owners would love to have a 6.2 in their AV.......

That appears to be nothing more than a blog set up by somebody, and it is not written in proper English either. I suspect the sole purpose of that blog is to derive ad revenue by posting about subjects that contain popular search terms (like "2015 Trucks").

There's no replacement for displacement.

(y)

JohnnyQuest said:
n I didn't go that route is because Cadillac, in their infinite stupidity, did not make it available with the 5.3L engine the Avalanche uses - you could only get it in the gas hog 6.2L version).
Ooh, a 6.2L beast.

Gas mileage is for wimps!    :kidding:

Vaeagleav said:
I thought the 2013 AV did come in a black paint? My dealership salesman said he thought they only came in black as a black diamond edition, I had to inform him of the other colors........

It came in black paint, but not Black Diamond, which is different, just like White Diamond is different than white. Black Diamond paint is achieved through a three-coat process that includes flakes of aluminum encapsulated in magnesium fluoride.  The dumb thing GM did is call the 2013 final production Avalanche the Black Diamond edition, and they have a Black Diamond paint job available, but did NOT make it an available option for that vehicle.  Just plain dumb.  Kind of like their inability to make a better stereo in the vehicle - I had a 2008 Avalanche and then bought a 2011, and it was the exact same model, 3 years later!  I then traded that in for the 2013, and although it was improved, it did not compare to the stereo in my wife's 2013 Nissan Pathfinder, which had a much better camera system and stereo options.  It's like GM prefers to suck as much profit as they can from what they've done rather than opt for continuous improvement and keeping up with new technology.  Imagine if a cell phone manufacturer had the same model for 3 years in a row.  Better yet, imagine if Apple made the Avalanche.....  :D

As for the 6.2L engine, I agree - if it is available in the Cadillac, it should be an option for the Avalanche.  My point is, I don't tow anything and don't have the need for that size engine - I would prefer the better gas mileage of the 5.3L engine that is available in the Avalanche.  But I agree that for others, there might be a need for an engine that size. 

7nq1.jpg

JohnnyQuest said:
It's like GM prefers to suck as much profit as they can from what they've done rather than opt for continuous improvement and keeping up with new technology.
Yep!  That's why they decided to remove the footwell lights, rear door lights, and second bed light in the 2005+ Avalanches. Good way to save an extra $25 per vehicle. 

:E:

PerfectReign said:
Yep!  That's why they decided to remove the footwell lights, rear door lights, and second bed light in the 2005+ Avalanches. Good way to save an extra $25 per vehicle. 

:E:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                (y) Yes! All that and we the Taxpayers still had to bail them out.....

Back