• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 LTZ WITH 100% LINEX PAINT JOB & KVH

ROBOPTI

Hey gang ... Been a member on here a long time ... and I've received a TON !!!! of good help & 411 from here as well. GREAT forum

I wont talk it to death - but - The old girl was showing the swirls in her black paint ... and I had already shot the rims with rustoleum bedliner (which is AWESOME - just scuff with brillo pad & shoot - been on for a few years)

So ... I called Linex ... and shortly thereafterr ... Here she is ... Its been on a few weeks now and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Pics do not do it justice. I did an aftermarket grill and had it shot & I switched to the 100% chrome OEM headlights (instead of the black that came with the car). The smoked covers are not permanent yet - On the fence on those. The rears lens are factory - with a black clear finish & LEDS. KVH Direct TV system - 5 monitors in the car.

Gang ... If you are on the fence - and have thought about it ... DO IT. It cost me $2300 (I did the bed as well as chucked that useless rubber mat) .. Other thing is it really quited the car down & it laughs at rain.

This is 10 layers of PREMIUM Linex liner .. 100% - cladding yada yada yada .. I took too many pics - but why not .... Here it is

If I can finally return the favor to anyone and help ... Just yell !!!  >:D (y)

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4052.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

Thanks for looking !!!!

That is different alright, I do like the all one color look.

PS what is that attached to the roof rails

That is a unique look. I think I like it.  I wonder how much weight does it add? I'm guessing the roof accessory is the dish for the satellite TV. 

They guessed by the amount of product they use versus what they normally use in a truck bed liner that it added around a 120-140 pounds.

And you are correct that is a KVH DirecTV satellite on the top of the car 282 channels of HDTV full time and it bills is a room in my house.

That is awesome!!! 
Did you spray the door jams?
Looks like they did a nice job.
Congratulations on the unique Avalanche  (y)

Love it. I saw a Ridgeline done like that and thought it was cool (I know, EEEWWWW, but I work at a Honda dealership. Fixing Hondas gives me money to buy Chevies). The Ridgeline was actually very well done (well, you know, as well as a Ridgeline could possibly be done). You could tell that the person that did it actually disassembled the car (you'll note I didn't say "truck") and applied the linex properly - all the factory cut lines & seams were still there, and the linex was applied around the corners, underneath the headlights, tail lights, mirrors, etc... I'd like to do my Av like that some day, either that or wrap the whole thing in Realtree...

I feel like I shouldn't like this.

But I do.

(y)

I can't get enough of this...  

My truck has a bunch of owwies from the original owner that were well hidden when I bought it.  My rear passenger door was spot painted and now is peeling.  The hood was previously damaged and re-painted but all the paint cracked.  I had pondered a re-paint but that's hard to justify on an aging truck.

Now this is still somewhat expensive, but man it looks nice - and I would never have to worry about the finish again.  I doubt I could get such a deal in Canada, but I may still look in a year or two.

Is the finish susceptible to any sort of staining, like from tree sap?  What colour is yours?  Are there other options?  I'd want as black as it comes.  Yours has a hint of gray.

JohnnieMo said:
I can't get enough of this...  

Is the finish susceptible to any sort of staining, like from tree sap?  What colour is yours?  Are there other options?  I'd want as black as it comes.  Yours has a hint of gray.

Staining - NO chance - The surface has already had various road tars / tree sap / god knows what - They just cant penetrate the surface to put a stain.

The is BLACK PREMIUM - That "gray" look comes out when the sun hits the rough surface and refracts in all directions and causes it to kind of shine a little - but it is BLACK. In person when the sun hits it - its gives it a deep 3D look - hard to explain.

This is the same grade they give 15 year warranty against fading etc - check LINEX itself to do some homework on the different grades. The premium is a step up - in terms of fade and UV resistance.

Bro - If I can help AT ALL - PM me and I'll tell you anything you want to know !!!!

I like it man!  (y)

Too bad those door moldings will peel off in time, they all do on this style of ding guard  (n)

I've seen a few vehicles with spray on bed liner, and none of them looked as good as yours.  You can see the texture in it, but isn't rough like the ones I saw.  Whoever did it, did an awesome job.  (y)

LOL that "useless" rubber mat MSRP's for over $500.  GM Parts lists it for $360 plus shipping.

I know because mine was missing when I bought my Avy.

I bought a beat up one with some rips off a guy on eBay for $125 shipped.  They are almost impossible to find second-hand, especially in good shape.

So... if you just "chucked" it, well, you probably could have made a couple hundred bucks off of me.

Rig looks good though. Very "Mad Max"...

PromptCritical said:
LOL that "useless" rubber mat MSRP's for over $500.  GM Parts lists it for $360 plus shipping.

I know because mine was missing when I bought my Avy.

I bought a beat up one with some rips off a guy on eBay for $125 shipped.  They are almost impossible to find second-hand, especially in good shape.

So... if you just "chucked" it, well, you probably could have made a couple hundred bucks off of me.

Rig looks good though. Very "Mad Max"...

WOW .. I ddnt know they were that much. truth be told - Mine is in perfect condition sitting on the floor of the garage now ... gathering dust.

Thanks for the props though ;)  (y)

I am interested in seeing how well this holds up...

I am considering doing something similar to my first gen with cladding..

Current consideration is only doing the cladding, the area above the wheel wells that sticks out (As I have seen others do on here) and the hood. I would be using a different product that doesn't have as much texture and is supposed to hold its color much better than standard LineX does.

Since mine is black I am not sure how well it will look having the texture look on the hood and fenders but the factory finish on the doors, above the fenders, tailgate and roofline. Debating on just doing the whole truck but I worry that some of the sharp corners might not stick well... Such as door edges

Rodney

Really interesting. I was just considering doing line X on my Avy, mostly just the sail panels, as my "body colored-super Cadillac" sail panels are completely scratched up, but I am trying to figure out some sort of a cool color scheme... no real ideas so far.

WhoAteMySoup said:
Really interesting. I was just considering doing line X on my Avy, mostly just the sail panels, as my "body colored-super Cadillac" sail panels are completely scratched up, but I am trying to figure out some sort of a cool color scheme... no real ideas so far.

I can't imagine you would have too much trouble finding someone on this forum that would be more than happy to trade you their regular textured cladding for your smooth pieces.

Different strokes for different folks.

(y)

I understand, I mean I wanted the painted cladding option originally, but, I do end up using the truck for, well, hauling crap. Anyway, I considered swapping for the non-painted cladding, but the third light is different (and I do like my current one better), and besides, line-x would be a better option then the standard stuff that will fade.

Just an FYI. Since my original post to today .... It looks like I did it YESTERDAY !!! .. BRAND NEW

Couple interesting factoids.

1. I had a Benz hit the nose in a parking lot. I was parked and she swung too wide and did the classic side swipe. It wasted her fender and I LITERALLY took a tooth brush - brushed off her paint & clear .. Took some boat vinyl cleaner and just wiped it BRAND NEW. You cant tell it even happened

2. Had the tranny go out since then. It went out on the Causeway bridge here in Nawlins - it is a 24 mile lone bridge that goes over lake Ponacahartraahtratrahratraharhartharajacahtahrayahain. A causeway cop pushed me with a cow guard for approx 2.5-3 miles. ...... NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... You cant even see where it made contact. Even shocked the cop - he sd they always do something to every bumper they have to push. It did ZERO !!!! .. not even a millimeter dent or scratch. After he got me into a cross-over - we all just looked at it and laughed.

It is a BEAST !!!!!

Back