• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WV WWW XIII - Food thread

GoldBowTie

Regional Coord.
Charter Member
SM 2003
West Virgina's Wild and Wonderful Weekend XIII will be here soon... and what would a WV WWW be without FOOD?  ;D

As usual with WV WWW we'll do a "pot luck" dinner on Saturday and everyone can bring a food item to share.
Some suggestions would be hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, macaroni salad, chips, desserts, condiments, etc.
These are just some ideas, but you are welcome to bring anything you would like.

Because the Lodge is going to be closed, we also need to figure out what to do for other meals.

A group breakfast at the Host Cabin on Saturday morning is a possibility.

We have just started to talk about when/where we are eating so I think it's time to start a list with what everyone wants to bring.
Let me know your thoughts and I will maintain a list here.

Toots - waffle maker, batter, syrup, hot coco and whip cream, bow tie pasta. olives, maybe homemade bread,
          paper plates, holders and plastic ware and napkins

GoldBowTie - bacon, sausage links, for breakfast and cheddarwurst for grilling Saturday

Mrs. WVAV - dessert, jello shots, macaroni salad, and some kind of chips and dip for dinner... and for breakfast I will bring eggs and sausage balls

OldVMer - sin hot chocolate. corn dip, breakfast fruit salad

4x4dreamer - Slaw, Weiners, Buns, Homemade chili, Chips, spinach dip, Homemade cinnamon rolls (for breakfast) or whenever

Toots' kinfolk - taco salad, amish sausage, cheese, orange juice

BnGBleeder - lasagna

02 Z71 -  hamburgers, buns, fixings, charcoal and some doughnuts and V-8 for breakfast

Need to nail this trip down so I can start planning the grub. 

BigBlockBirch said:
Need to nail this trip down so I can start planning the grubSmoking the Brisket and Making ABT's

Fixed that for ya...  >:D

Thought we would do hot dogs like we did at Twin Falls on Friday night.  Nothing tastes better than hot dogs over a fireplace fire.  Have some simple fixings to add to the hot dogs and have on the side.  Of course, pizza is great because we don't have to cook.

Breakfast in the host cabin with everyone adding something would be good.  Like a group breakfast but everyone adding their little touch.  I will bring the waffle maker, syrup and batter.  I was also thinking of hot coco and whip cream for the chilly mornings.  Someone else can bring the eggs, toast, another sausage and bacon.  Orange juice, fruit, there is a zillion things to add to the important meal of the day.

Dinner, I'm going to have the gold bow tie pasta, olives, and maybe homemade bread.   Anything will go with BBB's brisket.   Who is making the coleslaw?

Melissa, are you making jello shots.  Like to put my order in for fruit punch.  

The new cabins have gas fireplaces.
I assume it is safe to cook hotdogs over that fire, but I would be more inclined to toss some in the microwave.
Another hotdog option is cooked outside on the grill - if a grill is provided.

For Friday night I would prefer pizza if we can find some.
And wait until Saturday for grilling.

GoldBowTie said:
The new cabins have gas fireplaces.
I assume it is safe to cook hotdogs over that fire, but I would be more inclined to toss some in the microwave.
Another hotdog option is cooked outside on the grill - if a grill is provided.

For Friday night I would prefer pizza if we can find some.
And wait until Saturday for grilling.

It doesn't look like Pizza will be something that is easy to come by. there is a little restaurant in Davis that serves pizza, but its at a pretty hefty price and not very "group friendly." If we were to pay the prices there, wed most likely be better off to eat out at another establishment as a group (burger joint, snack stand)

Toots said:
Melissa, are you making jello shots.  Like to put my order in for fruit punch.  
I will definitely  be making Jello shots... and fruit punch is a must! (y)

As for food I will wait a little  bit and see what everyone  else is bringing  and see what we might need.

If we make the trip...I will throw in some smoked treats...

Let's hope we can pull this one together.

Mrs says she'll do sin (sinfully rich hot chocolate) again.  Hmmm... is that the antidote to jello shots?

We'll also bring a corn dip.

--OldVMer

BigBlockBirch said:
If we make the trip...I will throw in some smoked treats...

Let's hope we can pull this one together.

WHATEVER I can do to make it happen let me know >:D

OldVMer said:
Mrs says she'll do sin (sinfully rich hot chocolate) again.  Hmmm... is that the antidote to jello shots?

We'll also bring a corn dip.

--OldVMer

Hmmmm.. I have never thought of it that way. Could be a nice marketing technique  >:D

Mrs. WVAV said:

As for food I will wait a little  bit and see what everyone  else is bringing  and see what we might need.

Just dont go too crazy on the Jello shots ,that they start coming out of other orifices on the body ...lol 

Btw Tequila and orange were rather tasty ,hint hint

Mom is still trying to decide what she wants to bring.. I told her to make a list and then bring it all  >:D

Mrs. WVAV said:

I wonder if there is Apple Jello? That and some fireball might be the best thing ever, then again it might taste like death..  :laugh:

We'll bring some fresh fruit for a breakfast fruit salad.  Still thinking about what else we want to bring for supper (some sort of main dish).

--OldVMer

I have the paper plates, holders and plastic ware and napkins packed.  Also small spoons that are perfect for Jello shots.

Come on guys, we need to get the food list completed.  So we know what gaps we need to fill.  Is anyone bringing eggs, bacon etc if they don't waffles.  And if you want something different on them besides syrup.  Terry's fresh fruit is an excellent choice.

We need some meat.  Are we doing hot dogs and hamburgers?  Time is getting short.  Time to get this nailed down.

Toots said:
Come on guys, we need to get the food list completed.  So we know what gaps we need to fill.  Is anyone bringing eggs, bacon etc if they don't waffles.  And if you want something different on them besides syrup.   Terry's fresh fruit is an excellent choice.

We need some meat.  Are we doing hot dogs and hamburgers?  Time is getting short.  Time to get this nailed down.

We could do both?

For now, for us add to the list:

Weiners
Buns
Homemade chili
Chips
Homemade cinnamon rolls (for breakfast) or whenever >:D

We will see what else we can come up with! Unfortunately, Im not the smoker/griller extraordinaire that BBB is  :cry: Therefore, nothing I make will taste quite as good  :laugh: 

We will bring some slaw as well for the hot dogs  (y) Almost forgot that!

I'll bring Pork barbecue, buns, and some kind of chips and dip for dinner... and for breakfast I will bring eggs and sausage balls.

Are we bringing food for both Friday night and Saturday night suppers or are we going into Davis for supper Friday night?  Ian has "cookout?" on the agenda for Friday, but the last thing on the GTG thread is from GBT who suggested going into Davis for supper Friday. 

--OldVMer

The cabin does have an outdoor grill we can use for Saturday grilling - and Friday too if we want.

I have not yet checked into the Davis dining options.
I posted a list, but that is as far as I got.

Back