• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CAI gas mileage change?

gmantwo

So, I bought my first, but definetely not my last, Avalanche. '07 LT T3, 133,000 miles. Installed new Iridium plugs, MSD wires and a K&N cold air intake. My gas mileage went from 15.9 to the high 13's low 14's range. WTH??. Anyone else have any experience like this?

I have the GM high performance CAI and have not had a change in MPG just an increase in intake noise and maybe some minor performance gain but not much if any. I would not buy another CAI and expect a performance or MPG gain like advertised. I noticed more performance gain with a CAT back exhaust but MPG suffers slightly due to stomping the gas to hear the exhaust.....maybe your loss is due to more rapid acceleration to hear the intake?......   >:D

gmantwo said:
So, I bought my first, but definetely not my last, Avalanche. '07 LT T3, 133,000 miles. Installed new Iridium plugs, MSD wires and a K&N cold air intake. My gas mileage went from 15.9 to the high 13's low 14's range. WTH??. Anyone else have any experience like this?

Stand up straight with your arms at your side and look down, see your two feet. The one on the right is your problem.

But seriously, you may just need to wait a few more tanks of fuel for an accurate reading..

Nah, I'm older and wiser, all about gas mileage. Turtle starts and lots of coasting before stops. Seems to have gone up in the last couple days. Might have just now got all the crappy winter gas ran out

Back