• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hidden winch on 2013 av

Ramon

I'm wanting to put a winch on 2013 av. I found one that has the winch coming out at the front plate slot. I have to have front plate in Texas. Has anyone solved that problem?

I would say that you could make a bracket that sticks above it, maybe mount it in the grill? or maybe even put it behind the windshield on your dash

May want to check with your state inspection laws before mounting a plate inside the cab. (Not legal display in most states.)
As also mentioned above using a mounting bracket to relocate it on bumper may be the best bet, mounting it to grill could work too but may block airflow to radiator.....

There are several  companies  that make license  plate brackets that mount to the fairlead.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-02-10-21-30-600x1067.png.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-02-10-21-30-600x1067.png.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 91
I would say mounting a flip down plate mount to the fairlead would be your best bed. It would really be "hidden" behind the license plate.

AV 2500 said:
There are several  companies  that make license  plate brackets that mount to the fairlead.
Thanks , that should work

Back