• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Spectre 9918 installation help

wakebdr

Just got a Spectre 9918 for my 2010.  With it being late on Sunday, I don't really want to start ripping the truck apart in case I run into any problems.  However, I decided to do what I could without getting into the truck.  I'm attempting step 11 in the instructions (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/B1J29YXEEUS.pdf) but am running into some trouble.  I've got the heat shield together and the seal on the outside, but I can't seem to get the adapter and the flex coupler installed into the heat shield.  Anyone that's done this, how in the world did you get those things pushed together?  I feel like I'm trying to do one of those metal ring puzzles at Cracker Barrel.

Thanks!

I figured this out.  I was attempting to put the flex coupler and the adapter both in the hole in the heat shield which is not correct.  What I should have done is simply put the adapter in the hole in the heat shield, put the flex coupler on the adapter on the other side, and tighten the clamp down.

Next question.  I got everything installed tonight, but now the hood doesn't quite sit flush on that side.  It's not bad, maybe 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch or so.  Is there anything I can do to make the heat shield sit slightly lower?

Back