• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Weathertech hood deflector

Thomcat

SM 2013
Seems Weathertech hood deflectors are the way to go......three years on the Avy and it still looks new and no stone chips on the windshield or hood either.

Bought an OEM from GM for my new Traverse and what I got was an unbranded deflector with Lund directions and a GM over label/part# on the Lund box....a flat piece of plastic that tapes directly on the top of the hood with gaps in the tape perimeter to trap crap directly against the finish. Shipped it back to Chevy and bought a Weathertech that looks and mounts just like on the Avy. Seems they make a great product, just like their tapeless heavy gauge window deflectors on both that mount inside the channel, and haven't disappointed yet.

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 137
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 130
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 130
Weathertech deflectors are awesome, GM are CRAP.  I went through I believe 7 GM deflectors all under warranty and when they had enough of replacing their own $h!t, they ordered in a Lund visor.  After replacing the 2nd one they told me that they would no longer warranty them for me.  Well the 2nd Lund one cracked within weeks and I then bought a Weathertech which has been crack less going on 5 years now lol.

I'm on my second Lund deflector in 5-6 years. It has broken in the same place both times, at the outside mounting point. This last time I just drilled a new hole right next to the old one. Now one side sits out a little further than the other, but not really noticeable. I have the smoked colored one and over time they seem to get a cloudiness to them. I haven't really found any thing that will take that away. Maybe I'll try the Weathertech next time.

Weathertech hood and window deflectors don't appear to turn cloudy.......my '13 is using the light tint version window deflectors I originally had on my '07 and they look just as good as they did 9 years ago.

As far as durability......took a deer hit on a Pacifica and the grille broke but the Weathertech hood deflector was undamaged.

Back