• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Autumn Views & Pumpkins too! Small Huntington GTG; October 3rd, 2015

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
After a wonderful time at Nationals, our new friends from Alabama, Neal & Kat, have decided to come visit the Mountain State!  :B:

We've been discussing back and forth having a gathering at Mrs. WVAV's house the weekend of October 3rd.

As of now there really isn't much of a plan as to what we're going to do. But who needs a plan  :p

We discussed having lunch at Hillbilly Hot Dogs and attending the West Virginia Pumpkin Festival in Milton, WV.

Hillbilly Hot Dogs: http://www.hillbillyhotdogs.com
WV Pumpkin Festival: http://wvpumpkinpark.com

My Birthday is the following Monday, so we could always plan some birthday festivities as well  >:D

The plan for now is to meet at Hillbilly Hot Dogs at 12:00PM enjoy lunch.
Hillbilly Hot Dogs
6951 Ohio River Rd, Lesage, WV 25537

After that we will head over to Milton and enjoy the rest of the afternoon at the Pumpkin Festival
WV Pumpkin Park,
One Pumpkin Way, Milton, WV 25541

The plan may change, so if you'd like to join us, please check back for updates between now and then!  

Although it's somewhat short notice, I wanted to throw the idea out there and see if anyone would like to join us that weekend.

Attending:

1. 4x4dreamer, Ash, & possibly MOM  :(
2. Mrs. WVAV & Taney Ray
3. Neal729 & Kat
4. OldVMer +1

Maybe:
1. OldVMer  (y)
2. Calicak89
3. BnGBleeder

I'm so excited about this GTG and would love to see more of our Av friends be able to join us... if it's for the whole weekend or just the day it would be great if more of you could join us and welcome these awesome Alabama peeps to the mountain  state.

BTW Ian... my birthday is the 2nd so we will definitely have to celebrate our birthdays that weekend. Plus I owe Ashley some Jello for hers.  (y)

Mrs. WVAV said:
I'm so excited about this GTG and would love to see more of our Av friends be able to join us... if it's for the whole weekend or just the day it would be great if more of you could join us and welcome these awesome Alabama peeps to the mountain  state.

BTW Ian... my birthday is the 2nd so we will definitely have to celebrate our birthdays that weekend. Plus I owe Ashley some Jello for hers.  (y)
Isn't your B'Day and GBT's the same day? Or am I getting old and senile?

Wish we could make it. We have a wedding in VA the weekend of the 17th so that shoots my weekend for the month.

ohiobellboy said:

Wish we could make it. We have a wedding in VA the weekend of the 17th so that shoots my weekend for the month.
No GBT's birthday is in September... I'm ashamed to say I can't  remember  the actual  date.  :-[  Moose and I have the same birthday though.  (y)

Wish you guys could join us... we miss you and Debi!  :needhug:

We can't wait to see everyone!!! It gonna be a fun filled weekend  :D

Mrs. WVAV said:

Oh absolutely then  :D

ohiobellboy said:

I Wish y'all could too!  :( It has been too long! Maybe Donuts in Volant then?

Neal729 said:
We can't wait to see everyone!!! It gonna be a fun filled weekend :D

Of course it will!!!  >:D

We might be able to make this. 

--OldVMer

I would like to attend, but as always, my work schedule will determine if I can come or not. I have a contract that is supposed to close on September 25th. I have yet to get my next assignment. If I'm still off, I'll be there, probably won't know for sure till the week of though.

OldVMer said:
We might be able to make this. 

--OldVMer

Great! Just let me know  (y)

Calicak89 said:
I would like to attend, but as always, my work schedule will determine if I can come or not. I have a contract that is supposed to close on September 25th. I have yet to get my next assignment. If I'm still off, I'll be there, probably won't know for sure till the week of though.

Kat was saying how much she hoped you could come! Will put you on the maybe list. Hopefully it'll work out  (y)

We are in.

--OldVMer

The plan as of now is to meet at Hillbilly Hot Dogs for lunch around 12:00PM eat, and enjoy the establishment.

After that we will head over to Milton to the Pumpkin Festival and enjoy the rest of the afternoon!

MOM wont be joining us this time around. She has some band festivities going on that weekend with homecoming and celebrating 100 years of my High School.

Hmmm haven't been on the site in awhile then see this... gonna have to see about trying to pull this off...

BnGBleeder said:
Hmmm haven't been on the site in awhile then see this... gonna have to see about trying to pull this off...

Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog!  (y) pun intended  :laugh:

We are 8 days away from coming up and can't wait to see everyone!!  It will be a fun filled weekend for sure.  Safe travels to all who is coming -Kat  :)

Neal729 said:
We are 8 days away from coming up and can't wait to see everyone!!  It will be a fun filled weekend for sure.  Safe travels to all who is coming -Kat  :)

:) I'm glad Neal has such a good travel advisor  >:D

4x4dreamer said:
Attending:

1. 4x4dreamer, Lind zee, & possibly MOM  :(
2. Mrs. WVAV & Taney Ray
3. Neal729 & Kat
4. OldVMer +1

Maybe:
1. OldVMer  (y)
2. Calicak89
3. BnGBleeder
Fixed it for ya.  :cool:
Miss you all.  :wave: :love:

Hugz said:
Fixed it for ya.  :cool:
Miss you all.  :wave: :love:

You're only a couple states away  >:D

Miss ya too!  :B: :wave:

Ill be sure to tell her that you fixed her name, i am sure she will be thrilled  :laugh:

I mere week away from some awesome people, great food, and lots of pumpkins  >:D

There is still time if anyone else would like to come!  (y)

Well.....

Rain isn't always our friend, and it is unfortunate that it looks like Saturday will be a total washout. I just wanted everyone to take that into consideration.

The forecast right now shows an 88% chance of rain for Saturday  (n)

That being said, if the rain is constant for the weekend the Pumpkin Festival will most likely not be an option. Mrs. WVAV said that she attended the festival one year in the rain, and it was an awful mess.

The rain will not, however, interfere with lunch at Hillbilly Hot Dogs!  (y)

In light of the rain in the forecast, there really aren't any alternative plans at this moment to replace the pumpkin festival.

If anyone has any suggestions for alternate activities, feel free to make a suggestion. I will try and come up with something in the next few days to replace the Pumpkin Festival.

I'm out :(, Just got my new assignment, today, it starts on Monday and I have a ton of things to get ready before then.
Instead of working straight through, I have to go back to the regular nonsense that the rest of you deal with, working 5 on and then weekends off since the project is more than 120 days, we can't legally work that many days in a row, the company says it's some sort of insurance bullcrap. Having only 2 days off blows, by the time you get comfortable you have to go to work again (and it's less $$ over time). I'll take my 40-70 days straight then 10-20 days off in a heartbeat over this junk.  Looks like the next 45-50 weeks are going to suck for me.
Maybe next time.

Calicak89 said:
I'm out :(, Just got my new assignment, today, it starts on Monday and I have a ton of things to get ready before then.
Instead of working straight through, I have to go back to the regular nonsense that the rest of you deal with, working 5 on and then weekends off since the project is more than 120 days, we can't legally work that many days in a row, the company says it's some sort of insurance bullcrap. Having only 2 days off blows, by the time you get comfortable you have to go to work again (and it's less $$ over time). I'll take my 40-70 days straight then 10-20 days off in a heartbeat over this junk.  Looks like the next 45-50 weeks are going to suck for me.
Maybe next time.

Completely understand! Hopefully next time, Tom!

Will be heading out in just a few minutes.  Are you ready for a homewrecker?

--OldVMer

Back