• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche colors

Scobay

Hello all.  I have been searching the forums to find a thread about what color AVY members have.  Also if you have run your vin how many of your color was made.  Example I have the yellow and compnine site shows that only 2253 made in yellow total.  Wondering if it is possible to make us a small database of information like that.

Scobay said:
Hello all.  I have been searching the forums to find a thread about what color AVY members have.  Also if you have run your vin how many of your color was made.  Example I have the yellow and compnine site shows that only 2253 made in yellow total.  Wondering if it is possible to make us a small database of information like that.
Yellow is hard to come by, I have only seen a handful of others in person.  :wave:

Wyotonka your AVY is what made me want the yellow one so bad.  You have done a great job with it.  Once I get through all the mechanical repairs I am gonna start my mods.  Yes the yellow seems very rare.  Had never even seen one till I saw the pic of yours.

There is actually another yellow cladded that just moved in down the street from me. Once I get my printer working right again I'm going to print up some tags  (y)
My fiance' and I like to go winter camping so mine should be crawling out of storage again soon  (y) I have a build thread on it if you haven't seen it, the link is in my sig  (y) modding takes time to find what you want, I know I have modded, unmodded, and remodded lol. I have had mine for going on 6 years now, nothing happens quick.

Scobay said:
Also if you have run your vin how many of your color was made.  Example I have the yellow and compnine site shows that only 2253 made in yellow total.  Wondering if it is possible to make us a small database of information like that.

I ran mine once and posted the info here but forgot how many Arrival Blue were made, I think it was 4,000 some but that may only include '04 so could be double. I do remember my '04 was only one of two with as many options.

I'd think Indigo Blue, Sage Green, Sunset Orange and Sunburst Orange are rarer than Yellow and Arrival Blue.

Flint4x4 said:
I ran mine once and posted the info here but forgot how many Arrival Blue were made, I think it was 4,000 some but that may only include '04 so could be double. I do remember my '04 was only one of two with as many options.

I'd think Indigo Blue, Sage Green, Sunset Orange and Sunburst Orange are rarer than Yellow and Arrival Blue.
Indigo Blue was 02 only I believe.  :D

ronthehandymanga said:
Indigo Blue was 02 only I believe.   :D

There are always some strays, we'll build some saleable Silverado 2017 pilots in a couple months. They could get painted with a color that's discontinued in July or the opposite, they could use a new for 2017 color on them and paint some 2016 with a color not offered yet.

My new toy mind you I just got it yesterday is Victory Red. I could not resist the red. After Driving a white ford and having my white el camino I said its time to spice things up a bit. Most of the colors I see around my area are the yellow (at least 4 I know of in the area are yellow),silver,blue,white and black are common.

My 04 is Charcoal Grey Metallic (according to the RPO code).  
Not sure how many were made, but I have noticed that the name of the color has now changed to just Dark Grey Metallic.  Perhaps there was a slight change in the color mix?
Either way, I love it.  Dark enough to make me happy, but not just straight black.  
Plus accenting it with black makes it look even better! lol

:drive:

My old '06 was Bermuda Blue, IMHO one of the best colors to come out of GM.  It was an extra cost color, and I'd think very rare.  I think OhioBellBoy has two of them...

Scobay said:

Having a spread sheet with the different year totals would be nice. You can get some idea by looking at the "all Ye Nations" section it seems that a thread was started for many colors so the members could say they belonged to the designated color nation. Some of those nations had many members and others were small in membership.

Z71beast said:
2002 pewter metallic, I've seen a pretty good amount here in dallas :cool:

same here.. even in Z66 option as mine. one guy I kept running into around town had a habit of parking either next to me or close to me making me wonder where I actually parked... so the fix was I installed two bowtie decals on the back door glass to aid in my spotting mine from a distance, not to mention hitting the key fob was also a give away. just added the decals so if the misses would confuse me with him if she ever spotted it somewhere differant than where I was suppose to be. Mistaken Identity can cause a lot of issues.

ARMYtango said:
My 04 is Charcoal Grey Metallic (according to the RPO code).  
Not sure how many were made, but I have noticed that the name of the color has now changed to just Dark Grey Metallic.  Perhaps there was a slight change in the color mix?

My Arrival Blue Metallic custom hood is a shade off, they changed the color formula and I had it painted not on the truck. They can change paint names and not the formula or change the formula and not the name.

White diamond, not sure how many made. Disappointed with the color, i thought it would hide the dirt better, would of bought black if had to do it over again.

Rarebird said:
same here.. even in Z66 option as mine. one guy I kept running into around town had a habit of parking either next to me or close to me making me wonder where I actually parked... so the fix was I installed two bowtie decals on the back door glass to aid in my spotting mine from a distance, not to mention hitting the key fob was also a give away. just added the decals so if the misses would confuse me with him if she ever spotted it somewhere differant than where I was suppose to be. Mistaken Identity can cause a lot of issues.

lol all of them around here are stock, fairly easy to spot my lifted muddy avy from a distance.

chevyway said:
My 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 4 Dr 1500 4WD Crew Cab's color is pewter.

You could type that easier this way. 2003 Chevy Avalanche 1500 4x4 LPM

Every Avalanche is a 4 door crew cab, LPM = light pewter metallic.  :B:

I live over in Norway,and i live just 60 miles south of the Arctic Circle.In our little town,there are 7 Avalanches,and all are from 2003,and possibly a 2004 or two..5 are black Z71 cladded,and one is Z71 cladded green..also a lonely 2500 dark blue.

Mine is one of the black ones,and fitted with all options..black with light brown interior

But where do i check the vin numbers to find out how many where made with different options?

You might get some info from this link and the GM Heritage center :

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

Hi. Is it possible to know color by VIN number?
I've just got 2004 Avalanche and not sure about color.  When I've seen her first time  on the pictures was look like  Vicory Red, but in real is more as burgundy  or cherry color; -) On the poor light  look like black to me, which is OK since I want black just couldn't  get one from desired year (want model after2003).
I'm  partly color blind so is difficult  for me.  Seriously I am.  I can't see numbers on the 4th page  of this damn  Chinese book with  color dots; -)
My VIN is 3GNEK12T64G223391

Back